Friday, September 21, 2012

History - Current - Future

Time Marches On

First came our history.  Then time brought the current.  And before long it will be the future.  Where do I stand in this timeline?

Well....since I'm here today and it's current time, I suppose I will be here tomorrow, so that's future.  My accurate predictions for the future would be so far off, I won't even attempt to say that I can make accurate predictions....a psychic I'm not......maybe a gypsy at times, but being psychic just doesn't fit into my repertoire of skills.

But just for my readers, I will get out my crystal ball and tell the future.  First of all I will make my predictions about the welfare of old people.   This is called a current and a future prediction.   As I see it, old people are young people who have aged for many moons.  These old people know a lot but as they get older, they forget more than they ever knew.  When asked about things, they revert back to their childhood and act like they know nothing.  Now this could be selective but in the majority of cases, I think old people are just big babies and they actually don't know.  Oh boy, I can't wait for this young chick to get old.  (cough cough)  I predict that all old people will eventually not be on this earth.  You know the old saying...dust to dust.  Well that's what I predict...they will be gone like the wind.  As long they don't wind up as dust bunnies under my bed when someone scatters their ashes, I will be fine with that analysis of old people being dust.

Now I will make a prediction about this upcoming election. This is called a future prediction. I predict that someone will win.  Whether or not the winner will be the choice of everyone concerned, it's doubtful, but someone will win.  I just hope the election hurries and finishes as I am sick of seeing posts and tv ads about who is better than the other....politicians are all a bunch of hooey .... don't shoot the messenger, it says that in my crystal ball.

The next prediction is a current and history prediction.  I know for a fact that history was here and then gone.  No one wrote anything down so my prediction is that I'm never going to be able to write down what happened in history.  I can barely write down what is happening in current let alone in history.  Plus, I predict that if I continue to try to document a lot of history I will one of those "big baby old persons", not even knowing who the heck I am because this history prediction stuff will make you go bonkers.

Now for the real future predictions.  Today is yesterday's tomorrow and tomorrow is today's tomorrow.  So if that's the case, then I can't wait until next week as that will be next week's bunch of yesterdays.  I won't even know what time it is by then....my mind will be boggled so much.  Being a psychic makes me need a new crystal ball. Mine has big cracks in it right now.

Old Time (click on pictures for enlarged view)

 
Menard County Original Courthouse
 
 
 
1917 Farmer's Review Advertisements
for area businesses.
 
 
 
 
 
Henry Wernsing military information.
 
 
Quote For The Day
 
History is a cyclic poem written by Time
upon the memories of man.
--Percy Bysshe Shelley
 
 
Here's my poem for Greenview.
 
 
 
Greenview Greenview you're getting old
 
Buildings decrepit and full of mold.
 
Never leave us that's for sure
 
Be here in our memories, oh yes sir.
 
But when we all leave you, remember us,
 
And, by all means, make no fuss.
 
So now it's time to say good-bye
 
So tell us the truth and give us no lies.
 
We want to know the history of the town,
 
You tell us now and don't let us down.
 
The End
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for coming to my blog.
 
All rights reserved.
 
Hope to see you again.
 
 
 

 

 

No comments: