Friday, September 14, 2012

Jabberhocky!

Time For A Large Amount of Nonsense

I decided this morning that this definitely is a nonsense day.  As someone once said (me know not who) ....  "To appreciate nonsense requires a serious interest in life."

When I think of the word nonsense, I always think of the Lewis Carroll nonsense poem called "Jabberwocky".  I love that word.  It makes so much sense rather than nonsense.  It makes me think of a person who jabbers and who is full of hocky (poop doncha know).

When I got to thinking about hocky (poop) I realized that there are a lot of words for hocky.  I would think I need to refer to the hocky thesaurus. So I tried.  When I went to look up a bunch of the words, I found the poop thesaurus.  Do you believe that??!!

When you think about that word, it can be a verb or a noun.  But there sure are a lot more noun synonyms than verbs.  I know poop is a difficult subject to talk about, but we all do it....so what the heck is wrong with admitting that we are all full of brown bombs.  Or ,another color if we ate something weird.  I supposed the most scientific term I can think of is to call it fecal matter.  But everyone knows I'm not a fecal matter speaking person.....I would rather call it a more low class trailer park term.  Like crap or hocky or do do .... those are a few of my more tongue rolling picks. 

See I told you it was a nonsense day.  Nonsense will get you nowhere and will also get you everywhere.  If you have too much nonsense surrounding your very actions, you might not be asked to come around again.  But if the other person in the transaction is also a "jabberhocky" type person, then your nonsense will get you whatever you want.  Just ask me.  I've been a jabberer since I was born and my dad always said I was full of it....so I guess I'm a jabberhocky type person.

So climb out of your boring day, and be a jabberhocky with me.  I know you have a serious interest in life.....especially about living until tomorrow.


Death of a Resident
Wes Marcum, who was married to Evelyn Despain Marcum, passed away last night in the early evening.  The arrangements are pending at this time.


Old Greenview Stuff

1971 - The Greenview Review and the Athens Free Press consolidated in January under the name Menard County Review.

March 20, 1971 - Ronnie Doggett lost his life in a one car accident on the Middletown blacktop east of town. 

April 13, 1971 - Harry Jones, owner of the Owl Garage for 42 years, died on this day.

December 20, 1971 - Tommy Parks III, drowned in the Sangamon River, near the Gudgel Bridge.  His car was swept from a flooded road west of the bridge and it is believed that he accidentally ran into the flooded area and lost his footing when he attempted to leave the car.



Hickory Dickory Dock....the mouse ran up the clock.  What a stupid thing to do!  Could the mouse tell time and that was the reason he ran up the clock??  Or, was someone leaving cheese up the clock trying to catch the mouse?

It's always bothered me why that mouse ran up the clock.  It would seem he had no earthly reason to run up that clock.  So when that old clock struck one, it must have scared the mouse almost to death so he ran down.  Serves him right....he shouldn't have run up the clock in the first place.

 
 
Hope you had a nonsense good time here on the blog.
All rights reserved.
 
See you another time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know that "the crapper" is named for Thomas Crapper, a British plumber who popularized the flush toilet. His name was on most of te toilets in the U.K., and when Amerian G.I.s went to England during WW II, they popularized the term "going to the Crapper"

Ken Dirks

doll lady said...

I love that term going to the crapper.....much better than saying going to the restroom.....it brings crapper darn class to the subject!!

C.

doll lady said...

BTW Ken....since you were thinking about crappers,obviously you were thinking about hocky, thus I crown you another jabberhocky type person....I knew you were! Ain't that hilarious??!!

c.