Friday, March 2, 2012

Sunny Side Eggs Up-side Down

When exactly does that sunny side become upside down??

Eggs can tell your fortune.  If you get a sunny side egg, you can tell what kind of a day you're going to have. 

If that egg comes to your plate in a perfectly cooked state, then your fortune for the day is that your day will be absolutely spot on and perfect to boot.  If there are two or more drops of grease showing on the top of the egg, it means someone ran a dirty greasy spatula over your eggs, dripping grease on the otherwise perfect yolk.  That is bad!!  Grease on your yolk definitely means the day will be a slip-slidey day and you will barely get through it without falling on your butt.  The more grease spots, the worse the day will be.  Not only that, the grease, which was on top of your yolks, will go down to your stomach and then run to your veins and arteries and will take up guard like a British Buckingham Palace guard and believe me the deposited grease won't move ever again.

If you happened to get eggs on your plate which have bacon residue on the eggs themselves, your fortune will so bad, just turn over and cover your head and don't come out for a week.  And getting the eggs burned is even worse, so extend your "under the cover stay" for at least a month.

The perfect sunny side egg can be obtained only in rare cases.   So few people can cook the perfect fortune telling sunny side egg.   Thus, getting a perfect fortune from sunny side up eggs is going to be a hard thing for anyone to do, let alone me.....the fortune telling connoisseur of sunny side up eggs.

I would think that since fortune telling is so hard, it would best to forego that aspect and just order the eggs to eat.  But they say sunny side eggs might not be good for you since the yolk isn't cooked at all....sometimes even the slime which surrounds it.  So as I see it, you need to get that yolk cooked and don't get any grease on the yolk as you don't want the Buckingham Palace Grease Guard in your veins, so find a better way to eat your eggs.  By Jove I have it.....eat "sunny side up-side down" eggs so that the yolk and slime cook a bit and put them in water and poach them instead of eating sunny side up eggs cooked in grease.....I won't ever be able to tell a fortune again if I'm going to eat poached rather than sunny side up eggs....but who cares as I couldn't tell any fortunes anyhoos....I was just kidding about being able to tell a fortune from looking at a sunny side up egg. 

Old Stuff


A 1962 advertisement for Massey-Harris Ferguson
Springfield, Illinois
I remember my dad having a small gray colored wide front-end
Massey Ferguson Tractor.


An old photo postcard of Washington Park, Springfield
showing two people sitting on a bench looking over the pond .... through the trees is the pavilion.



1923 photo of the Springfield Washington Park Boathouse
which was on the banks of the pond.





Both pictures are of Stevie's Latin Village, North Ninth Street.
Springfield.  Steve Crifasi bought the old Anchor Inn in 1949 and also opened Stevie's Latin Village next door.  This place was at 620 North Ninth/City Route 66.  His sister Rose and his father Francis made the food and Stevie tended bar.  Stevie also owned a place
at 8th and South Grand called Pagliacci's.   Stevie's closed in 1972.   Stevie sold the place eventually and moved to Florida and died in 1988.  The building was demolished in October 2009.


Thoughts of the Day
It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.
--Herman Melville

 
Originality is the one thing which unoriginal minds
cannot feel the use of.
--John Stuart Mill

A mere copier of nature can never
produce anything great.
--Joshua Reynolds

You can buy fake purses and sometimes they are as good as the real thing.  Those expensive purses have always been the status symbols of the higher upper class....otherwords the crusty rich b**ches.  I'm talking about Louis Vuitton at a mere $45,000 for one of his cheap purses...... or maybe the Diamond Forever by Chanel at just $261,000.

At these prices I'm not going to run right out and get one but I would buy a copy if I could find one.  But the government says it's illegal to sell copies of purses so what's a girl to do????


Normally I don't like fake things....and fake people who copy and otherwise try to imitate others just bug the h*ll out of me.  But a fake purse and a copy of the high class purses wouldn't be above me. 
But alas, I am cheap.  So I buy good purses and they last a long time...good thing as I don't want to have to buy tons of these dang things.  And I'm so cheap that I look for good purses at garage sales and even at the Goodwill and the great thing is....I find them.....when I can get a $200 or over purse for $3.00 you better believe I'm going to buy it.....immediately and every one I find.  I know I'm acting fake by pretending to be rich enough to buy a really good expensive purse....but in this case fake is ok....in others it's not nice to fool or mess around with mother nature or me.

 

Thank you for coming to my blog.
(don't bother copying things as I have a shyster lawyer)

Hope you come again.

No comments: