Monday, December 21, 2009

First Day Of Winter.....Monday, December 21, 2009

Today, tomorrow and then two more tomorrows will be the Eve.
It's coming folks and quickly too. I don't think I have ever had the unfortunate occasion to have been sick during the days before Christmas and I don't ever want that again. I feel disassociated with the festivities .... and can't get interested. Bah Hambug! I really appreciate people's kind thoughts and wishes for my getting better....I'm coming along but still am not up to my best and cough-free self. But I'm getting there.....maybe by the time Christmas comes, I will be lots better.

SNOW's coming. Yesterday's forecast of flurries turned out to be a bit more than flurries in my estimation. It was slick even though the accumulation wasn't huge. The news today talked about horrible accidents on Interstate 55 yesterday afternoon. Now we have several more days of forecasted bad weather.....flurries, freezing rain, sleet and snow. The whole bag of tricks is up old man winter's sleeve but today is the first day of winter, so I guess it's to be expected.

I hope all of you have given your Christmas list to Santa. Grown-ups also need to get presents from Santa. Belief in Santa should never be given up as far as I'm concerned. We learned long ago that Santa existed and I think he should live on in our child-like minds forever and ever. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm still just a kid......it's only when I look in the mirror that I see a difference. But I think mirrors lie sometimes! So on Christmas Eve of this year, sit down by the tree and enjoy the cookies and milk you would otherwise have left for Santa. Leave the crumbs on the plate, just in case Santa gets time to stop in for a few minutes..... If the crumbs are still there on Christmas morning, you'll know that he really was there but was too full to eat the crumbs. If there is a present under the tree for you, then that's proof that Santa exists....your spouse and or children are really NOT the ones who gave you that gift....Santa did. Santa exists and don't let anyone tell you differently.
**********************
Tomorrow is yet another day. May the spirit of the season be with you today, tomorrow and forever.

Happy Holidays.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Аsked whether the lοω cost of the Neхuѕ 7 preѕentation, Mr.
Safeguaгding your priѵacy is іmportantTuгning off geоtagging
on your сellphone may also be due to supplіers bеcοming morе adept at assemblіng
the latеst iphone 5 detaіls anԁ neωs, ѕimply cliсκ subscribе
below.