Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thrilling Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thursday Again.
Things happen on Thursdays. And, people don't seem to mind going into a Thursday, but they seem to like finishing up a Thursday better. I remember from my years of being young, Thursday was a bar night. The bar crowd in Springfield would meet for cocktails after work at Two Brothers Lounge on Monroe Street. You didn't want to go to bar night if that day was your birthday as they had this huge glass that everyone wanted to fill and see you drink. That glass must have held a 20 or 30 drinks. I was never much of a drinker but some of the attendees were, and I saw many people get mighty drunk on Thursday bar nights.

A really good current thing for Thursdays.....and I know I've mentioned it before.... is the Ten Dollar off deal at Shop-n-Save grocery store. If you buy at least $50, you get $10.00 off. In today's environment, it doesn't take long to put $50.00 in the grocery cart. No coupon necessary.

I love Thursday night television shows. Grey's Anatomy and CSI are two of my most favorite shows. I love Izzy and Dr. Bailey the best. Right now I don't really like the way the show is heading, but just like real life, there are always unexpected turns and twists which we always must face. Each of us in real life must face personal and professional challenges which are new to us. That's called reality! I read an article long ago that when the show was first named, the name Grey's Anatomy was derived from the medical textbook "Gray's Anatomy", but changed to the Grey spelling as that spelling was used for both Meredith and Lexie's last name of Grey. The article also indicated that right before the show aired they were going to change the name of the show to "Complications". They didn't change it....and I think that was wise.

Some people wash clothes on Thursdays and some clean house on this day of the week. It doesn't really matter if you're going to be busy or just laze around today, but just enjoy the fact that it's going to be Thursday all day. No one can take that from us.

*****************
Did You Buy Your Spouse/Companion A Present?
Sometimes the other side of the relationship keeps putting off buying their mate a Christmas present. Men seem to be the most guilty party to this procrastination. (Sorry Guys!!) This year the media indicated that it might not be wise to wait as retail stores ordered lots less stock this year, so the shelves might be bare closer to Christmas. Believe me men when I say most women don't like to get the same box of cheap perfume or chocolates or the same dish towels or the same "Red Panties" or see- through negligee from Victoria Secrets year after year. We'd really like to get a great innovative gift. I know there are many things I would love to get that my man would never think of. A few examples would be: season tickets to the Muni Opera; an Ipod/MP3 filled with music; Gift Card For Nails or Pedicure; Gift Card For Day At the Spa; Southern Living Cookbook; Diamond Earrings/Jewelry; new wool rugs; a Gift Basket; Maid -for-a-day; a warm new long terry robe or a gift certificate from my favorite beauty salon.

My list might not seem approriate for the woman in your life, but you never know if you've never bought a gift outside the gift list you always use. Perhaps try something new this year.

Now let's talk presents for men. I will admit I find buying presents for men daunting, boring and beyond hope of ever being a fun thing to do. It seems to me that men can only use so many ties, shirts, screwdrivers, drills, saws, other tools and bottles of after shave or cologne. Perhaps the men in my life have been boring as these types of things have always been on their Christmas lists. These days, the list also contains Harley Davison gift cards, Sears gift cards, Walmart gift cards. Now that's a boring Christmas list. I want something to pick from when I shop. All of the men readers out there, give me some great ideas so I can actually enjoy shopping for a man's present!!
******************
Casey's Coffee.
If you've never tasted Casey's coffee, it really is tasty. I like to get there and when I walk in, see that a fresh pot is brewing, although they never let their coffee pots sit beyond an hour. After that time, they pour it out and brew some new. In Greenview, the coffee is always fresh tasting. I'm thankful from having a Casey's store in Greenview....it's the hang out for all of us Greenviewanites. Never a dull moment in the parking lot in our town as the parking lot is always full....no matter what time of day. Visit Casey's and see what I'm talking about.

***************

New Words For The Day.

Biome = a regional or global biotic community such as a desert or grassland characterized chiefly by the dominant plant life or climate.

Repudiate = shun

Obfuscation = deliberately making something difficult to understand; mental confusion

My sentence for the day:
"The dang biome caused me agony and great obfuscation with it's many hidden vipers and snakes so I just will repudiate until the snakes go away."

That was a horrible sentence, but it was the best this old mind could come up with on an early and cold winter morning. HA HA HA
****************
Merry Christmas Several Ways
Chile
Felix Navidad
Greek
Kala Christouyenna
**************
Quote For The Day
Christmas my child, is love in action. Every time we love,
every time we give, it's Christmas.
~~Dale Evans Rogers
Seasons Greetings

No comments: