Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Does the term "My Bad" irratate you?

WHAT A COP OUT THIS PHRASE IS!

I detest hearing someone saying "My bad" and especially if that person is older than a teenager.  To me it means the person knows they did or said something wrong but they sure aren't apologizing for doing/saying it.  Is this ghetto speak or what?  Or maybe another slang term like "baby daddy".   I sure would hate to hear a professional say this!

I also think it's usually said in a rather condescending tone which makes it even worse.  To me its not sincere at all.  What's wrong with saying "oops I made a mistake" or "sorry about that".  Either of those is much better and these not only states a mistake was made but apologizes about the mistake. When someone says it to me or around me,  I have upon occasion immediately asked "your bad what  --  bad attitude, bad mistake, bad day, bad language, bad what??" 

Each time I hear it I picture in my mind a naughty but haughty snotty nosed child saying the words.  Even if it actually is an adult I still picture the snot nosed child.

If they don't want to come out and say they made a mistake maybe it would be better if they spoke in Italian to say they made a mistake and say "mea culpa".  That way most people wouldn't know the person is admitting to a mistake.  But saying "me bad" just doesn't get it in my book!   Maybe I shouldn't even care but maybe I'm getting more sensitive about our American language in my old age.   Hard nosed aren't I.?!?! And, that's coming from the trailer park trash humor queen!


Random old pictures/things in Illinois


 
Union Pacific High Speed Streamliner in 1934 in Chicago.
This was a three car unit on this.
 
 
 
 
1940's Chicago La Salle Station
Streamlined Steam Engine between Chicago and New York City
 
 
 
 
 
B & O railroad.  Streamlined engine 1949 at the Rail Fair in
Chicago.
 
 
 
 
 
Original Menard county courthouse.
 
 
 
 
Lincoln Illinois Spiegel store downtown
 
 
Quote For The Day
 
Don't cry because it's over,
smile because it happened.
--Dr. Seuss
 
 
There are some best lines in movies which will never be forgotten.  Of course there were some that should have been forgotten because they were just horrible.
 
 
Some of my most favorite movie lines are:
 
***  Listen to me mister.  You're my knight in shining armour.  Don't you forget it.  You're going to get back on that horse, and I'm going to be right behind you, holding on tight and away we're gonna go, go, go.     From: On Golden Pond
 
*** Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.   From:  Gone With The Wind
 
*** Love means not ever having to say I'm sorry.
From:  Love Story
 
***  Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.  From:  The Godfather Part II 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for coming to my blog.
(all rights reserved on all blog content and posts)
 
Hope to see you again soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The photos of the trains are very neat.
Also, I understand your frustration with another cute little saying. They start, and then everyone thinks they must say them. Remember "cool" and "groovy"? How about, "it is what it is". We could go on and on, right on?

Smile, I guess. :)

Rick Setzer

Anonymous said...

You bad..Rick

Ken Dirks

doll lady said...

There are lots of grating sayings. As Ken says...Rick you "are" bad for bringing up those as now I probably will have those stuck in my head. LOL

C.