Friday, August 3, 2012

Hubbubbubboo

Hubbubbubboo and Hibbibbibboo and Fillillilloo


By now you're wondering what language I'm speaking.  English of course.  Yes at least the hubbubbubboo is a word.  These words may not be not common but can be and are used in songs and books.

The hubbubbubboo is noted as the smallest word with four sets of double letters.  What a mouthful.  But it is fun to yell when you're mad.  I remember yelling this at my kids years ago and they thought I had flipped my lid or maybe thought the aliens had captured me and taught me a new language.

If I remember right it's some kind of Irish war cry. 

There is always room to use words which make your tongue stumble and do cartwheels.  And these words do that.  I think it's the double letters. 

If you think about it, we have a lot of double letter words.  My most favorite word with two sets of double letters is "woollens".  I just think it's a cool word.

Today is another day, so try to use the above words in some form of conversation that you might have today.  The other person in the conversation will most likely show shock and wonder, but who cares!  We all need a laugh to the day!  It keeps the doctor away!


Abraham Lincoln


Abraham Lincoln.  Noted as his most
favorite photo and was used in his 1858 campaign for
the senate.


Abraham Lincoln photo taken on April 10, 1865 which was less than one week before his death.  He was shot on
 April 14 at about 10:15 pm and died the
 next  morning, April 15, 1865 at 7:22 am.



Abraham Lincoln, November 8, 1863, with his private secretaries,
John Nicolay on  the left and John Hay on the right.




Abraham Lincoln at his Springfield, Illinois home
with Tad, Robert and Willie 1860.



Abraham Lincoln, 1865, reading to his son Tad.
Tad (Thomas) died in 1871 at the age of 18 from heart failure.


Quote For The Day

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
--Mae West


The other day I was thinking about the older age people in our town who used to have stag parties.  They didn't seem to need a reason, but did it for fun. 

One of the implement dealers had these stag parties frequently.  And, my dad used to have these pretty often too.  Food and beer was the main party theme and poker with some pretty high stakes was the second most important thing to do.

I remember at one party my dad was having, he was serving calf Rocky Mountain Oysters.  I must explain that I was of an age that I didn't know much about these Rocky Mountain Oysters, but knowing that I loved french fried oysters, I was dying to eat my fill of these scrumptious things.

When my dad left the house to get started cooking, the potato salad wasn't done.  So when it was done, I was selected to carefully put it in my bike basket and take it to the house where the party was being held.  I put the ice in my side baskets and away I pedalled...as fast as I could go so I could maybe get some of those oysters before they were gone.    I got the potato salad there along with the ice to keep it cold.  Dad was cooking and had this big pile of these giant oysters.  Wow these sure were the biggest french fried oysters I'd ever seen.  But since he said these were Rocky Mountain Oysters, I figured those Rocky Mountains were big so the oysters there must grow to get really big!!

I took a big piece of bread and put an oyster and proceeded to eat one of my most favorite foods....french fried oysters.  WHAT???!!  This didn't taste like an oyster to me.  It tasted like the hind end of a dog smells.  I couldn't eat it.  And of course my dad was laughing but didn't explain anything about that icky taste to me until later.

I learned a lesson that day ....that lesson being that the name of something doesn't always mean it's the real thing.  Life is not always real....but that day that dog butt taste was real....and awful!




Thanks for coming to my blog.
(all rights reserved for blog and all post content)

Hope to see you again soon!

No comments: