Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Has Mother Nature Gone Wacko or What?

Maybe these warm days and perhaps record breaking temps at that are the dog days of summer we hear about.  Or, has old Mother Nature just gone wacko like she did all this year. 

Yoohoo Mom Nature.  Could you tell us please?  I'm a bit tired of trying to be a weatherman among my other daily routines!!  

I swear I think old Mother Nature lives in a shoe all by herself and she's as dried up as an old prune.  She has a nasty attitude because Father Nature left her long ago because of her attitude and her ability to screw up the weather so badly.  But she still has some kids (us) at home.  When they (us) do meanie things she puts on a storm of unbelievable multitude.  Those hurricanes we have in the south, yep they're her work.  And if she could, she would have hurricanes even in the Midwest.  But since we don't have an ocean around here, she fluffs her tail feathers and gives us those dang Tornadoes which are just awful  And they are most awfullest (is that a word?) when her kids (us) are really acting up.

Today it's going to be warm so I can guess that one of her kids (us) has been a bit bad, but not yet awful.  You better hope those kids (us) don't run around without supervision today and create a catastrophe because you know she will send down a warm air tornado.  Her acts of punishment comes down to us (the kids) because she thinks we played too much while she wasn't/isn't
looking.   And hey Momo...what's this having chilly willy coming up this weekend?  Did you lose your drawers and can't find them so our punishment is cold and wet and more cold?

I am the kid here Mom Nature and I'm tired of you always being in control.  Put down your dang cell phone and quit trying to get old Papa Nature back.  You know he ain't coming back unless you change your attitude.  Or better yet, when you get a face lift cause you're really ugly most of the time.  Cool it.  Not that I really mean send cool air down, which I see you intend to do anyway.  Just be nice and don't do anything horrible.

Get it straight Mom Nature.  I don't like wearing shorts today and a winter coat on Friday.  I'm trying to be nice to Mother Nature but lady, you really try me some days.  Better watch it Mom Nature or you'll be getting a new pair of those pearly white dentures cause I'm gonna knock out your teeth for sending us stupid weather.  Now go do it or I'm gonna be bad and you ain't gonna like it!  I might even hide your Oil of Olay and your wrinkle cream and, then, who will want you around?


Old Photos and Stuff
(click on photo for an enlarged view on most photos)



While I was doing some research, I found this picture in an old Illinois Blue Book.  It was used in the bill that Homer Tice was instrumental in getting passed -  in an attempt to get paved highways, with said bill passing in 1918. I don't know if this photo was around here but Homer Tice used it in his bill.
 
 
 
I found this old Marbold Bank check on ebay.  Unfortunately I didn't win this ebay auction but I did copy the check photo.
From November 1, 1899 when H. H. Marbold was the banker.
 
 
 
1917 Greenview Ads
 
 
Quote For The Day
 
There is a child in every one of us
who is still a trick or treater
looking for a brightly lit porch light.
--Robert Brault
 
 
All saints night is coming.  Most of us have Halloween past stories.  Mine is the hayrack ride from h*ll.
 
We got on the rack wagon.  Some were kissing, some were hugging and some were sitting scared to death they were going to fall off.  I was in none of the categories.  I was a lonely girl who had broken up with a boyfriend.  What the heck was I doing on this hayrack ride I was asking myself.  I sat there with my hands curled up in the straw trying to breath through the dust and the dirt and the rag weed which I'm sure the bales of straw contained.
 
Then the tractor stopped.  And the lights went off.  Dang, the tractor broke down.  Out in the middle of nowhere and about 3 miles from town.
 
We sat there, all quiet.  Everyone worried that they would never get home. I knew I would cause I was going to walk to somewhere.  Everyone else could kiss and tell jokes and spook stories, I was going to be the "savior of the hayrack ride".
 
So down I climbed and started to walk towards what I thought was town.  I walked and walked and walked and finally made it home.  Opened the door and there was my roommate who had been on the hayrack ride.  She immediately said "where have you been?  What happened to you?  All at once when we started to go again, we couldn't find you!"
 
I said "what do you mean when we started to go again?"  She then explained that the tractor driver had to go to the bathroom so he stopped the tractor and went to the woods to go.  He came back and away they went in several minutes later after most of the others also went into the woods to go to the bathroom....they went in the opposite direction as I was walking.
 
That was the last hayrack ride I ever went on.  I had blisters for days and days and my feet ached.  The moral of this story is, if you ever go on a hayride around Halloween,  stay put even if the dang tractor stops.  Someone might come at you with a chain saw but just blow him off because he's probably just a ghost.
 
 

 
















Happy Halloween
 
Thanks for coming to my blog!
 
All rights reserved.

No comments: