Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fur Upon The Paws Or From Them

No I haven't grown fur on my paws....not yet!

Did you know that people make stuff from dog fur?  There are ways you can make dog fur yarn.  I can just imagine me lying on the sofa with a dang dog fur afghan thrown over me.  That dog yarn would smell like a wet dog and would probably learn to scratch itself with all of the flea eggs imbedded on the fur that's used to make the dog fur yarn.

And, I didn't even think about the remaining dog doo doo that might adorn the fur from around the hiney of the dog.  Oh my goodness talk about a horrible thought to have dog fur doo doo lying over me in that afghan which was knitted from dog fur yarn.  Then I think about a winter hat sitting on my head which was crocheted or knitted from that darn dog fur yarn,  it makes me want to scratch my head and bark like a dog.  And maybe eat Alpo from a can.

The only good thing about finding out that dog fur is a good source for dog fur yarn is, that I could go around my baseboards and gather up stray dog hair from a little black pooch that lives in this house.  Perhaps I can find a source to sell this dog hair and become mighty rich.  Maybe I could find a way to put some hair growth on the dog so that every month I could sheer her like a sheep and sell that raw dog fur to a yarn spinner person.

Somehow wearing the hair of the dog is just blasphemous!  Humans weren't meant to wear dog hair and sit and scratch and bark and whine for food.....and I feel if I were to wear something from dog fur yarn, that's exactly what would happen.....strange things do happen doncha know.  So for this chick (girl not a real chicken) I'll leave the dog her fur and will cover up with something other than a dog fur afghan.

Sugar Grove Cemetery Names

The following are names of persons who are at rest in the Sugar Grove/Sweetwater Cemetery.  Perhaps some of your relatives are buried there.  This list includes all names and not just those of our forefathers.

Ackerman, Adams, Agee, Albrecht, Alkire, Anderson, Arkebauer, Armstrong, Asseln, Atkin, Austill, Austin, Backhaus, Bagby, Bailey, Bains, Baker, Banay, Barkley, Beard, Behrens, Belkison, Bennett, Biggs, Binger, Bless, Boyer, Bracken, Bradley, Brown, Bunger, Burgoyne, Burditt, Burnett, Burns, Cain, Callaway, Campbell, Cantillion, Cantrall, Carlson, Chesley, Clardy, Claypool, Clemens, Cleveland, Coffey, Colson, Coombs, Cooper, Crenshaw, Croft, Crowder, Cutright, Davis, Deal, Deckard, Diers, Dirks, Dinora, Eastin, Eden, Eldridge, Ellis, Ellison, Emmons, Estill, Evers, Fields, Fitzgerald, Foster, Frick, Fricke, Frye, Funk, Gaddie, Garner, Gibbs, Gilkison, Glaspy, Goff, Goodpaster, Goodpasture, Graham, Grimsley, Hackwith, Halbury, Hall, Halla, Hambleton, Hankins, Harkin, Henderson, Herron, Hilton, Hinton, Holtom, Hubbard, Huffman, Hughes, Ingram, Jackson, Jacobs, Janssen, Johnson, Kazenski, Keene, Kincaid, Kinney, Larson, Lash, Layton, Leppert, Lewis, Light, Looby, Lukins, Lundquist, Markusson, Martin, McAtee, McKee, Meadows, Meeker, Melker, Melton, Merrill, Meteer, Miller, Mills, Money, Montgomery, Moore, Mullin, Mulvihill, Mundy, Munson, Murr, Myer, Neat, Nelson, Nixon, Oary, Olds, Orum, Ott, Page, Parkhurst, Parkin, Parks, Peirce, Perce, Peters, Pickrell, Pitts, Pond, Potter, Powell, Prather, Propst, Ratliff, Reeves, Riggin, Roberts, Robinson, Rogers, Royse, Ryan, Sachtleben, Safe, Sager, Sampson, Saunders, Scharf, Schofield, Schuermann, Seeman, Sharp, Shields, Smith, Smock, Snedegar, Snedigar, Sommer, Sommers, Spauling, Sprouse, Spurlock, Starr, Stone, Strauser, Stroje, Struwe, Stuart, Stuhmer, Sturgis, Sweeten, Sykes, Taylor, Tholen, Thompson, Tuttle, Virgin, Voss, Wahlfell, Wainwright, Wattling, Watts, Webo, Webster, Weidhuner, Wendell, Wenger, Wesselman, Wharton, Whipp, Whitty, Wiesseman, Wildman, Williams, Wilson, Wohler, Wright, Yates, Yung, Zellers.

For Your Information:  The Marbold mansion has been listed with a realtor for $100,000.  It's my understanding that the owner is charging way too much for it considering the condition and won't separate the house from the 10 acres of land.  I also understand that the Marbold Association would love to purchase the house but not at that price.  Unfortunately I fear that someone will purchase the house and will tear it down......that would be awful, but personally lacking the funds to buy the house, I can't do anything about it.  My family has many years connected to that house......my dad farmed the owner's land for many years (Carl Miller) (some of the land was farmed as early as pre-1949).  I was named after Carl Miller.   My brother and I spent thousands of hours at the Marbold Mansion, running in and out of the house and around the land.   That was before it was in as bad as condition and it still had most of the buildings and even the butcher block still existed in the butchering room.  Some of the published material which I have seen, doesn't exactly agree with my memory of the house  and outside buildings.  Articles which my brother has done are complete and correct.   If I were younger and rich I would buy it.

Recipe
The following recipe is one I got from the Paula Dean website.  With apples so plentiful this time of the year, it's a perfect dessert for now or anytime.  These bars are wonderful!! 

Paula Dean's Caramel Apple Cheesecake bars

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3   granny smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
2   large eggs
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
2   (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup caramel topping (to drizzle over the baked bars)

Streusel Topping
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar.  Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.  Press evenly into a 13-by-9-by-2 inch baking pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar in an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Then add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour over warm crust.

In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.  Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture. Mix the ingredients for the Streusal topping in a small bowl  and sprinkle evenly over the bars .  Bake 30 minutes, or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel topping.





******************

Thought For The Day
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
--Eleanor Roosevelt
No Mr. Whomever you are, pick up trucks aren't just for men.  They are for girls!!  A lot of girls drive those big tall 4 wheeling pick up trucks, adorned with stickers on the window proclaiming trucks are for girls.  Yep I have one too! 

If I want to go out muddin or 4 wheelin I can, just because I do.  After all, I learned to drive in a bigger truck than a pick up truck.  That was when the trucks had low and dual low and you had to double clutch the things to get the truck shifted from one gear to another.  Remember you're talking to a farmer's daughter who had to be the farm hand a lot.

My last truck had a button to move the pedals up and down....that was cool because my legs are short.  When I go to buy a truck, I probably do more research and ask more questions than most men.....simply because I want to make sure my truck is what I want and need.

To give you an idea of how well I can drive my huge and tall 4-wheel drive  pick up truck....I can fit it through the most narrowest bank teller slot without hitting the mirrors....I can also parallel park it in a really small parking space without taking off any fenders or even hitting the curb.   Ask most men if they can do that!!! 

It's always been said that real men drive pick up trucks but let me tell you the real story......REAL WOMEN DRIVE PICK UP TRUCKS...AND GREAT BIG PICK UP TRUCKS TO BOOT!!

Silly boys....don't you go calling me no names.....I'm just a good ole country girl! 



Rating indicator is at the bottom of this post.  This blog is protected under copyright laws.

No comments: