Friday, October 28, 2011

My Cup of Inspiration

The Cup Of Inspiration And A Spoonful Of Encouragement.

Each day I seem to need to fill-up my cup of inspiration to keep finding ways to keep my writing talents alive.  I'm bored and find that blog writing is cool but maybe isn't enough.

Sometimes I feel I want to write a book, or articles for a newspaper, or a magazine, but I know that it's  hard to get the channels opened up to get published.  Plus the spoonful of encouragement I need is just not there yet.  Someone needs to tell me (other than my daughter) that I need to get my hind end in gear and do what I really feel I want to do....like write a novel.

Then I get to thinking.....do I have enough inspiration or do I need a fuller cup of inspiration or am I just feeling the cusp of light inspiration or just boredom.  Perhaps I'm seeking something to do to keep me, myself and I from being bored and old and lazy..... and also something to keep the old mind working on smooth oiled wheels.

What the heck do other people do to keep from getting bored each day?  I just can't sit at the computer each day hour after hour unless I have a specific task to do.....I can't read article after article.....or read every facebook comment.  I'd have to get a gallon jug full of inspiration to do that!!

Now don't tell me to go clean house so get unbored....that ain't gonna happen.  I wasn't put on this earth to be a housekeeper.....if someone doesn't like my messy house, don't come to see me.  I'd rather be bored than clean!

As I sit here, my cup of inspiration has wasted away.....I've lost some of it.  And the milk I put into it, has soured.  I guess I'll keep on writing the blog and be happy.  And .... keep on researching for old things and telling all of you stories of me, my antics, the past and the future.   The End.

Old Tyme Pictures In The Area


The Mill - Interior....I remember going many times to the Mill
as a young child.


Illinois Watch Co. Springfield 1911


Ferguson Building Springfield
6th and Monroe.  Approx. 1908


Springfield Swimming Pool Unknown Address


Illinois State Fairgrounds Springfield
Women's Building


Another picture of Il Fairgrounds
Women's Building



Illinois State Fairgrounds Springfield
Coliseum with Covered Walkway
Approx. 1912


1917 Petersburg Courthouse Square Taken From Top
of Robbins Building.  Was in Petersburg Observer 1-16-97.


Thought For The Day
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
--Benjamin Franklin

Not long ago, I was driving down a rural road and right in front of me was a freakin cow.   Standing right in the middle of the road!! This was a big cow and was a Hereford from what I could determine.  It had horns though so I thought it might be a range steer perhaps brought from Texas.

I don't like those big steers with horns the width of my car.  They scare me.  So I honked.....and honked....and honked.  The steer must have had sawdust for brains, because it chewed it's cud and looked at me like "you stupid broad" why are you honking.  Perhaps he was smarter than me....he wasn't sitting there honking the horn like I was.  He was peacefully going about his business of chewing his cud.....just in the wrong spot as far as I was concerned.

He just wouldn't move.  So I cautiously open the door and holler at him.  He is steadfast.  So I get one leg out, with the intention to go in front of the car and flap my arms.....he bellows....he didn't like my motions I guess.  I get back in the car and honk the horn again several times.  Still no movement.

If I would have had a bb gun, that cow would have now rested in my freezer.  I would have put a lasso around his neck and drug him home and butchered him in the bathtub (I knew someone who butchered a deer in the bathtub).  But I didn't have a bb gun nor a rope to use as a lasso so I was stuck until he moved.

Maybe a farmer would come by.  But no that didn't happen.  It was hot and the car was low in gas.  Dang!  Calm yourself girl.....wait for the steer to move.  It moved it's front foot.....YAY.....he's gonna move, I just knew it. No...he didn't move, he moved his foot so he could poop in the middle of the road.  Now I have to wait until he's done his job, and then be careful when I finally get to move the car as I don't want cow poo on my tires to stink up the garage.

He raises his head and stares at me and starts walking towards the car.  No, No please don't let him headbutt my car.  Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He tilts his head and looks like he's saying "you are a dumb broad and it's hot out here and I'm tired of playing games with you".  Just then he starts to wander off the road.  He is slower than a turtle or black molasses....but he is moving from the middle of the road.  He went from one side to the other.....

Now I wonder why he crossed the road......

He wanted to get to the udder side!!!




Just 58 days until Christmas
and 27 days until Thanksgiving.

Rating indicator is at the bottom of the blog.  This blog and all posts are protected under copyright laws.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you read M. Vincent's " How to click in the sticks?" Something like that would fit you nicely with your wit and ability to hold ones interest. Mix in current events with a little history.

Something to consider.

Rick S.

Anonymous said...

Great Springfield photos.....thanks for posting....

Jake Ellsworth

doll lady said...

Jake...thanks for coming by the blog....glad you liked the pictures....I frequently post Springfield pictures....look on the right side of the blog under vintage Springfield pictures and there are several other posts which contain Springfield pictures.....and when you come to the end, be sure to click on "Older posts" on the right side of the blog to go to the other posts of Springfield.....keep doing that until it tells you there are no other posts. Again thanks...come again and visit. Carla

leshe said...

z4r08z7d08 g0t23y6r52 u9p22o2h16 f8k91k6f24 i1k06o7o77 p7j52j2y92