Friday, October 21, 2011

Is There A God Of Cake?

Cake Is Wonderful....Who Makes Me Eat It?

There has to be someone or something making me want to eat cake!  Cake with icing, cake with ice cream, cake cake, cake with no icing, or even cake crumbs.  My palate isn't in the least bit discriminatory as long as the stuff seems like cake, smells like cake or resembles cake in any way, shape or form.

In my eyes, when I see a cake, it has a sign that says "Eat Me Cake.
Others might not see that huge sign but I do.  Stop and smell....do you smell cake?  Just writing this makes me smell the fumes of a well baked Betty Crocker cake.  Some days I smell coffee laden tiramasu, or creme brulee type cake, or ganache, or lemon, or angel food, or German chocolate, or pineapple upside down cake.  The smells come through loud and clear to my nose.  But where are the smells coming from?  Something or someone is making me smell and crave cake.  Maybe it's that devil in the devil's food???  Or is God being a meanie to me and tempting me with the evil cake smells of temptation?

Each slice of cake is about ten pounds on an older pair of hips worn by a cake eating machine.  A nibble here and a big bite there and pretty soon the cake eating machine stuffs the whole piece in my mouth.  I'm telling you someone or something is grabbing my arm and bending it at the elbow and making hand to mouth contact anytime I see a cake.  I'm literally getting tennis elbow from the constant bending at the elbow.....overuse I think they call it.

Today I will be going against the "Lady Code Of Honor To Eat Sweets" and will refuse to eat cake.  I pledge to not "suck it up" nor worsen my tennis elbow by bending my arm to put the delicious morsel of cake crumb to my watering mouth.  As the little train said "I think I can"  I think I can".  I better ..... or the God of Cake Butt will make sure I will not fit through the front door.

Greenview News and Events

The Fortnightly club has formally disbanded.  The club was started in 1895 in order to further knowledge.  Disbanding was caused by lack of membership and participation due to health problems.  I always thought it was rather a secretive club.....and I could never find out how to become involved in this or if I would even been eligible to be a part of it.  I think had younger people known about the club or were invited to join, they might not have needed to disband.....just my strong personal feelings.  I personally think we should start an a club of sixty cuties......and have a camaraderie party each month.

October 29 - Medication Disposal.  Take your old unused prescription or over the counter medications to the Menard County Rescue Squad Building In Petersburg or the Athens Fire Department, 10am to 2pm.

October 29 - Middletown United Methodist Church annual soup dinner.  From 4pm to 7pm.  Chili, vegetable soup, drink of choice, relish tray, dessert.

November 6 - Middletown Presbyterian Church annual fall brunch.  10am to 2 pm.  Pulled pork, bacon, sausage, Belgian waffles,breakfast pizza, scrambled eggs, sausage and gravy and biscuits, fried potatoes, ham and beans, cornbread, desserts, coffee cakes, fresh fruits and drinks.  All you can eat.  Children three and under Free.
*****************

Today I must cut short this post.  I have two early morning appointments looming ahead of me.  Unfortunately I can't do both the blog and the appointments ..... so you know which one got cut!  But I will be back on Monday.  See ya then!

This is amazing:





Rating indicator is at the bottom.  This blog and the posts are protected under copyright laws and cannot be used or reproduced.

No comments: