Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hilarious Notes

Do you leave notes???

Sometimes the aggression comes out in the note writer.....and some of these notes show it.....I think some might have been written by passive aggressive persons.....Ha ha ha




















Old Tyme Pictures Of Surrounding Area


Ashland Farmers State Bank 1909



Broadwell Pig Hip Restaurant and Museum
This was a restaurant from 1937 to 1991
and then became a museum only.  It burned in
2007 and was a truly great loss of memorabilia.





Huge fire in 1909 in Decatur downtown when an entire
block was destroyed.



Lincoln 1916 - Broadway looking west.



Lincoln 1932 Alveys Drug Store


Recipe


I love Salmon Patties but didn't eat them for years because I had always fried them in margarine.  With the availability of the fat free cooking spray I learned I could make the patties and spray them and bake them and they are still just as good.

Salmon Patties
1 can pink salmon
1 egg
1/4 cup minced onion
1/4 cup flour
1/4 to 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs or crushed crackers
salt and pepper

Drain juice and save in case you need to add some to the mixture.  Take out the bones if desired.  Mix the egg and onion with the salmon until sticky, then add the flour and crumbs.  If it is too dry add some of the salmon juice.  Form into patties and put on a baking sheet which has been sprayed with Pam or other fat free spray....then spray the patties.  Bake at 350 degrees F until brown.  Turn over at about 15 minutes.

Thought For The Day

If poverty is the mother of crime,
stupidity is its father.
--Jean de la Bruyere


Yesterday I heard a noise and went to investigate.  I saw only the dog and a pile of books lying on the floor beside the dog. She was lying quietly with her eyes closed just as if she were pretending sleep. 

Since the dog seems to understand English better than any dog we ever had I thought I would ask her what happened.  She sure does understand the words "eat, ride, go pee, outside, food, upstairs, basement, bath and many many more". 


Since this old dog is so well versed in the English language I pointed to the books and asked her "what is the kerfuffle doggie?"  She didn't move.  I knew right then she was the culprit....she somehow got those books to fall.  Not long ago she was mad since we were gone and pulled some stuff from the coffee table and promptly chewed it up....of course it was important...something I had to send somewhere. 


This dog is nearing 13 and she is reverting to her childhood.  She chews up things, she whines and wants her way all of the time.  Doghood antics of a young dog it seems.  But of course she is like a member of the family....she gets her way.  So I picked up the books and went away.  I put them higher this time because I didn't want them destroyed......so this time she went upstairs and dug through the laundry basket and got my socks out and chewed holes in two pairs. 

This is certainly not the first time she has chewed my socks when she is upset with me....I buy more socks than any person I know because I somehow get big holes in them....teeth marks believe me.

Doggie is going to spend a few nights in the cold garage is she doesn't watch it......dang dog!





Come again.  This blog and posts are protected under
copyright laws.


The rating indicator is at the bottom of this post.

Hope to see you soon.

No comments: