Friday, February 24, 2012

Eat Yourself Skinny

How in the world do you eat yourself skinny?

I just saw an advertisement and the headlines were "Eat Yourself Skinny".  Wow....I would love that.  So I clicked on that Fairy Tale.
I had to see what false hope this site was giving people. 

It was recipes for  such things as Salsa....and Thai Peanut Noodles.  No wonder a person could get skinny by eating.....Thai Peanut Noodles sound just awful.....the only redeeming thing is the recipe had Sriracha chilli sauce which happens to be a favorite of mine.  But peanut butter in noodles????  

If I had to eat these recipes, no wonder I would be eating myself skinny....so I had to continue my web search for easy ways to get skinny.  Then I ran across the headlines "Cook Yourself Thin".  Why on earth would I want to cook myself????  I think this title had a little grammar problem.  If I literally went by this headline and followed the title, no wonder I would be skinny as I would be cooking parts of myself to get rid of the fat.  Watch out Herbivores and vegetarians.  All at once I am a carnivore who is a cannibal.  And, if I sprayed myself with purple paint, I would be the purple people eater. 

My search for the fairy tale to come true continued......then I found the only true answer.....Get Skinny on your own......get mentally ready.....throw out the chocolate cake and the cocoa mix and the bridge mix and the chocolate syrup (no more chocolate cokes wahhh) and the maple syrup and the thousand of other high calorie high fat content foods.  Go to the store and get lots of lettuce....fill your refrigerator with lettuce and carrots and celery and cabbage and cauliflower and broccoli.  You need to fill your refrigerator so full that when you open the door, this low calorie stuff falls at your feet just like it's worshiping you.  Just know that with lots of cauliflower and cabbage and broccoli, you are going to have more gas than you've ever had in your life.  It will be called "tootin the day away.  You might even want to forgo these items and decide to stay fat...that's how bad that gas in your old colon will be!

And then comes the exercising.  You will want to stretch in place so that you don't do too much damage to your body when you start these strenuous exercises.  Walking ten miles a day is on the agenda....then running in place for 20 minutes......58 jumping jacks.....62 sit-ups......go buy an airdyne bike for $750.00 so you can exercise for 30 minutes 8 times a day.  All of this designed to make you skinny.  Believe me, if I bought the airdyne at $750, I would be skinny because I wouldn't have any money to buy food......and if I did all of these exercises I would be lying in a coffin for eternity....that's a way to get skinny...not my choice but it is a way.

Now I just have to decide if it will old, ugly and fat or skinny.  Just to let you know my next projects....it will be to find ways to turn ugly to beautiful as well as turning old to young by finding the fountain of youth.  Big projects!!

Old Vintage Photos of Area


Lincoln....the well known Langellier's Ford, Mercury and Lincoln Dealer.  Their showroom in 1916.

Lincoln - Sheers Buggies....where the post office is now on
southeast corner of the square in Lincoln.  Unknown date but was from prior to the time the automobile took over.



Lincoln....the inside of the Tropics.


Lincoln.....5th street and Washington on Route 66... 1953
Shell station.



Lincoln ..... The Mill (by the Lincoln Developmental Center)
Known for their Viener Schnitzel and their Schnitzelburgers.





Lincoln......The Tiz-Rite Grill, corner of 5th Street and
 Highway 66 By Pass.  1947 Advertisement.   Look at the price of the dinner......85 cents.  They also had a 24 hour Cities Service Station next door.


Tidbits about Lincoln, Illinois: 

Lincoln was the first city to be named after Abraham Lincoln BEFORE he was famous.  Abe was the attorney for the then unnamed city.  The founding fathers asked him if they could name the city after him and he agreed.  In 1853, near the site of the train depot, Abraham Lincoln used watermelon juice to christen the city Lincoln, Illinois.


Thought For The Day
Ever day holds the possibility of a miracle.
--Elizabeth David


The gator boys on television sure are funky.  Who in the world would ever want to get in the water with an alligator and wrestle it?    And what is this when one of them sticks his head in the alligator's mouth???  That is just not right.....is it the sign of a gator boy who is operating one egg short of a dozen? 

I realize that sometimes that residents of Florida might wake up to a gator in their pool or maybe the local high class golf club might have a gator swimming in their golf course pond and someone has to get these buggers out of these gator oasis but........do they have to go out in the ugly and gator infested swamps and get em......wow.

I think I will see what else is on the boob tube in the gator time slot.  It might save me from taking a hand full of anxiety pills.  (Shudder--Shake)




Thanks for coming to my blog.
(it is protected under copyright laws)

Hope to see you again!

No comments: