Tuesday, November 27, 2012

How's Your Stretched Out Stomach?

Are you now in the possession of a much stretched stomach?  I certainly am. 

At this point, I feel the dang 20 pound turkey, which we had for Thanksgiving, has flown into my stomach and has taken up roost.  And he's not planning to move for a long time.  He definitely has stretched my tummy out with all of his bulk.  And I think he brought the stuffing leftovers and a couple of salads too to keep him company.  Wow.

I think we all might overeat on the big holiday dinners.  Wonder why that is?  Do we think we aren't ever going to have a dinner again.  And especially this year, did I overeat because I think that the Mayan Indians might be right and the world will end on December 21, so get it while it's hot and good cause you ain't getting another holiday meal!  hmmmm... well if that's the case, could we do it over again because those chicken and noodles were so good, I want more.  I guess in the event that the Mayans might have hit the nail on the head, maybe I better make some more noodles before December 21 so I can go to heaven with a smile on my face and noodles in the old tummy.

If you really want to know the truth, I'm not planning on the world ending because  I've already bought some Christmas presents and we're already planning ahead to the big Christmas luncheon.  So there  you long ago Mayans....take your calendar and shove it.

But now back to this big old stretched out stomach.  It's got to shrink.  That big old turkey who has taken roost there, just has to fly away.  I might have to drink sauerkraut juice to get it to shrink, but if that does the trick, I'll do it.  I bet that turkeys don't like that kind of juice so maybe he will fly away.

Oopsss.  I forgot about all of the holiday dinners coming up.  Free dinners for seniors.  I love free things, but this is just too many dinners!!

Ok turkey....fly away.  Here comes the shrinking juice!


Did You Ever?

When I was a kid, we used to play a game we called did you ever?
Today I'll ask you about things I remember to see if you ever did.

1. Did you ever go to the Springfield Speedway.  It was called Joe Sheehan's and was on Clearlake next to where the K-mart is now.  Across the street was an eating place called Babe & Jim's which had really good steaks and lobster.  We used to go there to eat a lot.   







 

 
2.  Did you ever go to Russell's pizza on 31st street (now known as Dirksen Parkway)?  When I was a Sophomore and Junior we used to go there a lot.  You could park in the lot and they would come and wait on you.  The most popular place to park was in the back along the tree line.  Many could be seen smooching and hugging with the person they were with (not me of course).
 
 
 
 
3.  Did you ever go to Tops Big Boy when you were a teenager?  Or, perhaps Jack Robinson's which was in the front of the parking lot.  We used to run through Tops drive in and then down the road to North Grand to Icy Root Beer and do through their drive in and then back to tops....all night long back and forth.  Then we would pull in to Tops drive in and order a Slim Jim sandwich which was my favorite.  At Jack Robinson's you could get a good old greasy hamburger with greasy onions for $.35 or 5 for a buck.  And their sausage sandwiches were so good.





 

 
The Christmas Tree is up and the wreath is on the front door.  I'm done decorating.  And, to boot, I used the skinny minny Christmas Tree which is about 10 inches around and 5 foot tall.  Talk about lazy!  I am.
 
Why do I need a big old tree when it's only the two of us.  We give money to the kids except for the youngest child,  so there will be very few gifts under the tree.
 
Perhaps I am getting more like doing a bah humbug the older I am.  But at least I put up a tree which is more than some do. 
 
So as I go my merry way down the path towards Christmas, maybe I will have a change of heart and will put up a sprig or two of pine bough.  But maybe I won't.  I just can't seem to get into decorating this year.  Oh well....!!
 
 
 
Thanks for coming to my blog.
 
Hope to see you again.



No comments: