Monday, November 5, 2012

Boy Brains

Boy Brains....Boy Brains....Boy Brains....Boy Brains....Boy Brains


Achoo.  Wow, I better put my hand over my mouth so I don't achoo my brains out of my mouth.  Personally, I think that same thing might have happened to a few boys or men, whatever you want to call them.  Sorry boys!

Boys do have different brains.  Let's take those men who like or have Man Caves.  What in the world do they do in those Man Caves?  Oh, I know.  They look at Playboy Magazines and wish to heaven they were sitting in that loverly scene with those beautiful women.  I wonder  what those magazine women have over us beautiful, fat, dowdy, hair not combed, teeth not brushed women of these boys. I mean men.  I can't see why these boys, I mean men, like to look at "Paper Women" when they could have their loverly wife who is still in her bathrobe, the same one he has seen her in for the last 30+ years.

These "Paper Women" can't lean over and kiss the boys on the cheek.  "Paper Women also can't bring the boy's slippers or bring him a beer when he hollers out "bring me a beer".  Oh yes, these "Paper Women" also can't cook a meal for the boys who spend so much time out in the man caves and only come in when they are hungry.  What would they do if the "dowdies" in their life waited until the "Paper Women" cooked the meal.  Lots of skinny boys out in man caves around the world.

Of course, some boys, I mean men, even want wifey to bring the food out to the man cave so he doesn't miss a beat.  But, is that really too bad a thing for wifey?   Just imagine wifey getting a bit more time to slip into a bubble bath with a few candles lit for peace and relaxation, while sipping a glass of bubbly white vino.  Not forgetting the time to clip the toenails and paint them with a nice tone of pink.  Pink tootsies are so comfortable and pretty just like the "Paper Women" wear.  Ahhhhh....time in the Wife Cave.   Away from the paper women of the world and the boy brains.  Yes people, boys, I mean men, do have brains....little as they seem sometime.....boy brains don't grow up.  The boys do grow up, but the brains remain boy brains.  And..... I'm not kidding.


Old Springfield Info and Pictures
(most pictures will enlarge if you click on them)

 
A snowy winter night scene of the Lake Club.  The Lake Club has been known to have been haunted .... so they say.  The following site will give you an idea of why people think it was haunted.  As an aside comment, I went there in the 1970's and felt the willies.  My drink was spilled somehow but none of us at the table could figure out how that drink spilled.  I only went back once more and I had the same willies.  No more for me.  Then it burned down....mysteriously I might say.  oooooohhhhh
 
 
 
Inside of the Lake Club, Springfield, IL
 
 
Springfield's Gulf Mobile Ohio  (GM&O) Train Station waiting room and inside at the ticket counter in 1949.
 






 
 
 
 
Gulf Mobile & Ohio (GM&O) train station - outside in 1949.  Still located on third street corridor between Jefferson and Washington but is now Amtrak. 



Quote For The Day
Two and two the mathematician continues to make four,
in spite of the whine of the amateur for three,
or the cry of the critic for five.
 
--James McNeill
 
 



"When You Thought I Wasn't Looking".....a poem that describes what your child might write to you as a parent.....


When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you hang my first painting on the refrigerator, and I immediately wanted to paint another one.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you feed a stray cat, and I learned that it was good to be kind to animals.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you make my favorite cake for me, and I learned that the little things can be the special things in life.

When you thought I wasn't looking I heard you say a prayer,
and I knew that there is a God I could always talk to, and I learned to trust in Him.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you make a meal and take it to a friend who was sick, and I learned that we all have to help take care of each other.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you take care of our house and everyone in it, and I learned we have to take care of what we are given.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw how you handled your responsibilities, even when you didn't feel good, and I learned that I would have to be responsible when I grow up.


When you thought I wasn't looking I saw tears come from your eyes, and I learned that sometimes things hurt, but it's all right to cry.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw that you cared, and I wanted to be everything that I could be..

When you thought I wasn't looking I learned most of life's lessons that I need to know to be a good and productive person when I grow up.

When you thought I wasn't looking I looked at you and wanted to say,’

Thanks for all the things I saw when you thought I wasn't looking.'


                                                                ~~~~ Mary Rita Schilke Korzan

 
 
Thanks for coming to my blog.
 
All rights reserved on blog content.
 
See y'all

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember waiting in the old GM&O station many times for a train...they had some type of gum machines that gave you a "chicklet" for a penny...on one end of the station was a coffee shop and a news stand

Ken Dirks

doll lady said...

Ken...I remember going there too. Since dad farmed his farm, we used to pick up Carl Miller when he came back from Chicago. He always brought us cookies from a bakery. The coffee/new shop was on the south end. I don't remember the chicklet machine. But I sure loved chicklets!

yanmaneee said...

balenciaga
nike air max 95
golden goose
goyard
air max 95
christian louboutin
longchamp bags
paul george shoes
vans
moncler

yanmaneee said...

jordan shoes
offwhite
supreme
golden goose
off white clothing
jordan shoes
coach outlet online
nike air max 270
nike air max
curry 6

Unknown said...

replica bags prada replica bags gucci replica bags online uae