Thursday, September 8, 2011

Why I Don't Want To Be A Millionaire

I really think I don't want to be a millionaire!!
But there are reasons why I wouldn't want to become a millionaire....the biggest reason of all is that I've always thought Millionaires suck!  And here's some more reasons:

Uncle Sam and family you haven't seen in a long time....all would immediately be there with their hand out when one becomes a millionaire.  The awful headaches of being rich.....I just don't know if I could stand that (said in a sarcastic way).

Those long lost relatives would probably start coming to my house to eat, staying long hours or wanting to stay overnight and daily visits.....and some of these  people I wouldn't have seen since the family reunion we had when I was 8 years old.  Those type of relatives are definitely long lost relatives, wanting the millionaire hand out.....I've got news for them, if I would become a millionaire, I'd write a lovely handout brochure and give it to them, tied with a nice bow, and with a tag that said "Your Millionaire Handout"explaining how I got to that point and also how I was going to stay at the point.

I just love eating our every "dining out meal" at McDonald's.  The fast food industry needs my participation and I'm afraid if I would become a millionaire, we wouldn't go to Mac's any more....oh boo hoo.

I like being poor!  Need I say more?

I dream of living in a mobile home one day (choke choke), and being a millionaire probably wouldn't allow me to live in that type of home.....so I guess being a millionaire would just not serve my purpose.....oh boo hoo....all the while emitting a low guttural noise!

I don't want a maid nor have a housekeeper do my housework.....as I rather like dust bunnies under the bed and dust an inch thick on the mantle (of my mobile home mind you).  So to be able to hire a maid or a housekeeper is just not me...(cough cough choke choke)

When I become a millionaire, my world of dreams becomes a moneypit....handouts everywhere, phone calls from every company in the world wanting to sell me their service and products.

No sir...eee....don't want to go there.....WHAT AM I SAYING?   Of course I want to go there....I want to be a millionaire....and the sooner the better.....What a lie I just told you....and especially after yesterday's post relating people who lie.  Shame on me once.....Shame on me twice.....Sold....I'm sold on the prospect of being a millionaire....now to find out how to do it!!


Old Tyme Greenview
From the History of Menard and Mason Counties 1879.

Greenview Precinct:
Most of the first batch of settlers in this precinct were Buckeyes, and settled in Irish Grove, a body of timber already mentioned in this chapter. From Ohio, the native State of the chief magistrate of the nation, the precinct received the following recruits, viz., Joseph Lucas, George Borders, John Martin, George and Peter Price, John Waldron and John Hamill. Lucas squatted down in the grove about 1825-26. He was a genuine frontiersman, and remained in this community no longer than game abounded. When that  failed and the Indians left the country, he followed in the wake of the red men
and died a few years later in the Mackinaw settlement. The next settlers found his cabin, with three acres of ground cleared around it and fenced. He had two sons, Peter and George, who settled in Logan County ; the latter is still living, but Peter died there some years ago. Abraham, another son, settled near his father in Irish Grove, where he died at an early day. Borders and Martin came in 1827. The former died about 1872, on the place where he originally settled, and the family is nearly extinct. One daughter was living in Logan County at the last account of her, and is the only surviving
member of the Borders family, so far as known. Martin remained here a few years and then moved to Logan County, where he died.* His son Samuel, living in the city of Lincoln, is the last survivor of this family, so far as the pioneers of this section know to the contrary. George Price came to the grove in 1826, and his brother, Peter Price, in 1829. They were of the regular frontier type and followed the Indians and the game, as they meandered on toward the setting sun. William Walker bought Peter Price's claim when
he came to the settlement in 1830. Waldron settled here in 1827-28, and was another frontiersman who folded his tent and moved away on the trail of the Indians. John Hamill came about 1842, and is still living in the settlement, a prosperous farmer.


 Following close upon the heels of this delegation of Buckeyes, cornea an importation from the " dark and bloody ground." From Kentucky came William Walker, his son Joseph M. Walker, his brother-in-law David Walker, William Stotts, William Patterson, Alexander Gilmer, William A. Stone, John W. Patterson and Robert Rayburn. The latter gentleman was born in the Old Dominion, but emigrated to Kentucky when it was the hunting-ground of numerous tribes of hostile savages. From Kentucky he came to Illinois, in
1827, and settled in Irish Grove, now in Greenview Precinct. His son, Joseph H., came here with him, and he is now an old man. Next to Alexander Meadows, he is the oldest living resident of this precinct, and resides upon the old homestead where his father settled fifty-two years ago. The elder Rayburn died in 1836, and Joseph is the only one of his family now living. His mother, the wife of Robert Rayburn, was a Logan, and of the family of
Logans


Walker came to Illinois in the fall of 1828, and stopped in Morgan County, and, after spending three weeks on horseback, in search of a cabin to shelter his family for the winter, and failing in his endeavor, went back to Clarke Co., Ind., and wintered there. In the fall of 1829, he returned to the Rock Creek settlement in this county, where he spent a part of the winter in his wagon and about a month in a vacant cabin. In February, 1830, he came to this neighborhood, and, as already stated, bought the claim of Peter Price. He died here on the 29th of August, 1836, and his son, Joseph M. Walker, lives on the  place where his father then settled. His residence stands upon the identical spot his father's cabin occupied. David Walker, a brother to the wife of William Walker, and who came to the settlement soon after the latter, bought the claim of Joseph Lucas, upon which he remained until 1837, when he removed to Iowa, where he died in 1876.

Capt. William A. Stone was also born in Virginia, but taken to Kentucky by his parents when quite young, whence  he emigrated to Illinois in 1830. His father, Moses Stone, came to the settlement at the same time, and was the head of a large family. Both he and his wife died the next year, leaving their twelve children, of whom William A., mentioned above, was one, to battle with life alone. Five of the twelve children are still living, but none, except William A., reside in this precinct.

John W. Patterson came in 1830, and William Patterson about 1832. The latter gentleman bought the claim of John Martin upon his arrival in the neighborhood. He did not remain long, but sold out and removed to Iowa in 1837, and now lives in the city of Keokuk. John W. Patterson bought the claim of George Price, upon which he lived until his death, which took place about 1844. The farm upon which he originally settled is still owned by his family. Gilmer came in 1833-34, and made a permanent settlement. He had been here, however, several years before, and married a Miss Walker, as noticed in another page, after which he returned to Kentucky, remaining until the date given above. He died upon the place of his settlement, as did all of the family, except one son, who is still living, and resides on the old homestead. Stotts came to the settlement in 1830, and removed to Iowa in 1840, where he was still living at the last account of him. William Eldridge came to the grove in 1840. He was from the chalky cliffs of old England, and is still living in the precinct.

This comprises all of the early settlers of this precinct whose names we have been able to obtain. As Greenview contains but little timber-land, it was not settled until the virtues of the prairies were discovered, which was at a date so recent as scarcely to entitle the people to the name of " old settlers." And then, too, Irish Grove, where most of the first settlements were made, is partly  in the present precinct of Sugar Grove, and the history of that portion of it
is there given.


Recipe
I love Maple Fudge but couldn't ever find a recipe.  About 8 years ago I found one and tried it....I like this one pretty well and use it every holiday season.  I like the recipes with Maple flavoring and especially Maple extract because the flavor is richer than using maple syrup. But, if you have a recipe that's good, I'm willing to try it.

Maple Fudge
2 Tablespoons Margarine
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar.
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups mini marshmallows
1  12ounce package premiere White Morsels (I use Ghirardelli..do not use the cheap flavored white chips)
1/2 cups nuts
2 teaspoons Maplein flavoring (buy at Walmart)

Combine margarine, milk, sugar and salt in heavy pan.  Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.  Boil for 4 1/2 minutes at full rolling boil.  Remove from heat.  Stir in white chips, Maplein flavoring and marshmallows until all are melted.  Stir vigorously!!!  Add nuts and pour into 9 x 9 lightly buttered pan.  Cut when cool.

Thought For The Day
Make everything as simple as possible,
but not simpler.

--Albert Einstein


I'm the everyday citizen of the USA.  I go to the polls at election.  I keep my nose clean and a record for me at the local police station doesn't exist.  Thank goodness!

I chase idle dreams during the daytime and half the time I can't sleep during the night.  I don't eat the neighbors' flowers and I don't pick them either.  I snore but I can't hear that!  I may be partially addicted to the internet, but only during my waking hours.

I can host a party for guests upwards of 100 persons and it doesn't bother me a bit, but tell me a couple of people are coming for dinner and I freak out deciding what American food would be best to serve.

I don't know how to make a paper airplane but I'd like to be able to know how.  I'm a good poker player and can beat the pants off many men who say they're the best.

I make a heck of a pizza and am pretty good cooking any type of other food.  The more complicated the better.

I'm not a gun toting mama, but I do know how to shoot to kill game and I carry an Illinois Fire Owners Identification card. 

Sometimes I feel I'm a lone citizen wondering why a crisis exists in American government or in Congress.  As an everyday citizen, I expect the best of our country and sometimes am disappointed.

But the everyday citizen in me wins.  I feel that the "Love Or Leave It" is the best policy to follow.  If the terrorists don't like us and don't want to be here, then why do they come here and even live here..... leave us the heck alone....and get out because a true everyday citizen doesn't kill or maim our fellow citizens of the USA.  As an everyday citizen, I never want another 9-11 to come to our land. 

Signed:  An Everyday Citizen.

The Eagle Tells It All to the Terrorists and the people who don't love America....just by using one of his claws!



The rating indicator is at the bottom of the post.....hope I didn't offend any of my regular readers today....sorry if I did.



Interesting poll results so far....2 voters want me to keep posting Monday through Friday and sometimes on the weekend and 1 voter wants me to cut it down to only a couple times a week.  Interesting numbers though .... since I put the poll on yesterday, I've had 47 readers but only 2 voters in the poll.

1 comment:

auntie m said...

Just don't tell people when you become a millionaire. Keep cleaning your own house and going to MacDonald's and they will never know. As for the maple fudge, you could make it with maple sugar and leave out the flavoring but you would have to be a millionaire to afford the maple sugar.