Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Funniest Cartoon Character Ever

What's your most favorite cartoon character??

Watching cartoons was one of my most favorite things to do as a kid and I can truthfully say, I still like to watch the old ones.  I have some VHS tapes of some really old cartoons and I still laugh like an old hyena.

Among my top ten old time characters would be Micky Mouse, Road Runner, Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd, Bugs Bunny, Donald Duck, Casper, Porky Pig, Fred Flintstone, Tweety Bird.

Sure there were lots of other great characters, but these just always were my most favorites.

I loved to hear Tweety Bird say "I tawt I taw a puddy tat".  And "whats up" coming out of Bug's mouth was hilarious.  Mickey's big ears and his pleasant personality won the hearts of many even though he didn't have a lot of memorable quotes. 

Who could forget "be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting wabbits"; Elmer Fudd's favorite and most remarkable quote. And everyone remembers Porky Pig saying "th th th th th that's all folks".  And Daffy Duck's famous words "you're despicable" made me laugh and laugh.  The Road Runner only said "Beep Beep" but it was his antics which were so funny.

What better way to start your day than to remember those wonderful Looney Tunes characters.   These were  wonderful things for a kid to grow up with and to be able to remember highlights for a lifetime.....just like I did.

Old Area Pictures


Lincoln City Hall 1912


An old ad which appeared in the Lincoln paper
advertising Henderson School shoes.



Another advertisement which appeared in a
Lincoln paper for Tarrant's Seltzer Aperient, a
tonic for headache.



Lincoln's #91 old streetcar at Lincoln's Old Chautauqua



Quote For The Day
A lifetime of happiness!
No man alive could bear it;
it would be hell on earth.
--George Bernard Shaw


Let's say you had a choice .... to be stranded on a tropical island alone or with someone you hated, which would you choose?

That is a difficult decision as I see it.  To be alone out there in the ocean and on that lonely island would probably be a horrible thing to go through.  However, choosing to be with your most hated person might be even worse as you might end up killing each other during one of your most heated arguments.

Being alone on an island means you only have one person's knowledge about survival.  But having two person's knowledge and abilities, as well as manpower, would enable you to be more creative....that is if the hated person would cooperate.


There hasn't been too many people that I can say I actually hated so much that I couldn't stand to be on a tropical island with.   I would hope that being secluded there with only one person would, at least at some point, mean a bond of some type would result and perhaps even a friendship. 

I guess my choice is to be there with the hated foe.  If I chose wrong, I suppose no one else in the world would ever know if a bond or friendship resulted, because the chances of anyone finding me and this hated person would be pretty slim.   I guess both of us would probably spend our last days on that tropical island out in the middle of nowhere either hating or loving each other.





Thanks for coming to my blog.
(all rights reserved)

Hope to see you again soon.

No comments: