Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Wrong Side Of The Bed Morning

Wrong side eh?

Hello, my name is Groucho this morning. 

Everyone knows that putting your left foot off the bed first is unlucky....and wow was it ever unlucky for me this morning.   You got to get out on the "right side" in order for the day to be a good one.  And believe me, my day has started out to be a big pooper day.

So today I'm a bad tempered, cranky and irritable woman who not only slept poorly, but I couldn't keep my left leg from protruding off the side of the bed this morning which resulted in that dang left leg hitting the floor first ..... and of course it was on the wrong side of the bed.  Dang it!  And I'm convinced that Mr. Sandman came by last night and put "Grouchy Drops" in my eyes.  Yessiree....he did he did!

So now I feel like I need to go to the court house and change my name to Groucho.  That would fit the mood of the day. If I don't watch it, I'm going to land in Duck Soup because of the grouchy mood.  Be still mouth.....be still fingers on the keyboard.....keep it to yourself.  But I still wonder why today of all days, I had to become Groucho of the month.

Oh crap, now I know.  I'd forgotten.  Today is National Groucho and Grumpy Day in this world.  And, you probably should register for the grand prize.  It's a great one.  An all expense paid trip to Grouchland.....the place where Elmo went with his blue blanket. (I'm amazed it wasn't Elmo's buddy Oscar the Grouch who went to Grouchland, but it was Elmo.)

  So be sure to register for the contest, pack your blue blanket like Elmo did and get ready to win.  And, if I win, I promise to choose the reader of my choice....the one I think is the most grouchy and most cranky!  So it could be you I choose....so if you don't want to go on this marvelous prize, then change your mood......I know I'm going to have to try.  Just as soon as I get out of these frog pajamas and have my first chocolate candy bar and a cup of java.  All cures for a groucho day.


Old Greenview
(taken from the Greenview Scrapbook)


1968:  A heavy snow hit Greenview the week of January 19.  Drifts high, the ground had about 8 inches of snow.  Traffic was near a standstill, activities came to a halt, the basketball game was cancelled, and Greenview schools were closed Monday of this week due to the heavy accumulation.  Services and the congregational meeting at the Greenview United Church were cancelled.

1968:  Cramer Implement is holding an open house, featuring a free noon beef dinner on January 30 at Cramer Implement.  The program began at 9:30 am and included morning and afternoon shows.  Factory representatives were on hand to discuss and demonstrate farm equipment.

1968:  May 24:  The Greenview Community Bank presented the village of Greenview two flags, one of the state flag of Illinois and the United States flag.  Mayor Bill Davison announced the flags will be flown on Memorial Day.

1968:  November 29: The United Church congregation voted to build a manse at the congregational meeting.  The result was that a lovely manse was built.  (*** See below)

1969:  January 3:  The Greenview Bulldogs, our fighting basketball team, received a trophy for second place in the Havana Holiday Tournament.

1969:  January 3:  Jim's Coin Wash began its operation in Greenview this week.  Jim Hornback is the owner.  The coin wash is located in the building which formerly was the Owl Garage building.  There are 20 General Electric washers, 14 lb. capacity; 10 dryers and a 25 lb washer.  There is plenty of parking space, plenty of water, a hair dryer, a soap dispenser and all the other necessary things to operate a first class laundromat.

1969:  July 4:  Wm Yueill, the minister of the congregation of the United Presbyterian Church arrived in Greenview with his family.  The family came from Columbus, Ohio.

1969:  September 5:  Dr. W. A. Beard and C. N. DeHart were two men honored for their contributions to the Greenview community.


*** Note....on this passage.....the sentence structure in the scrapbook led me to believe that the manse was being built at the meeting....I had to laugh when I typed this passage from the book!!


Quote For The Day
The world is not yet exhausted;
let me see tomorrow something which I never saw before.
--Samuel Johnson


Today is my poem day....written just for you!  It might not rhyme correctly, and it might be stupid but remember I wrote it especially for you.


The Cow

The old brown cow stood by the fence,
She was worth a hundred and a few cents.

She mooed and mooed loud in the night,
Until I thought her and I would have a fight.

Finally she shut her mouth for a while,
Of course I knew why, as she let a pile.

The stink was hardy and came on the wind,
An odor for enemies I would like to send.

The old brown cow no longer stands there,
She isn't even mooing or moving a hair.

She lost the right to moo my way
And for that mooing, she had to pay.

The steak I had last night was good
And put me in a very happy mood.

You see that cow is in my freezer,
I guess I taught that old geezer.

The moral of this story is pretty cool,
 Mess with me cow & you'll lose, you fool.

The End




Thank you for coming to my blog.
(blog and posts are protected under copyright laws)

Hope to see you again soon.

No comments: