Thursday, March 8, 2012

Who is better....Superman or Batman

The super heroes .... which is best?

If you had to pick one super hero over another which would be your choice?  When it comes to Superman or Batman I don't think it really is hard to choose.  My choice would definitely be Superman.  He is not only more handsome, but his super abilities seem to be more prevalent.

Batman's powers are rather fake in my estimation....with his bat rings and his ever changing bat costume and his Batcar....his Batcar might have super powers but I have yet to see Batman flying through the sky to rescue some poor innocent victim.  Of course Batman's real person Bruce Wayne's intentions are good....he wants to fight criminals.  And if I remember right this started when as a child he witnessed his parents being murdered and he vowed right then to fight all criminals.  And he and Robin did fight crime but it looked so fake.   It was the characters which turned me off....the Joker....that villain was so unbelievable and fake I had to turn off the station when Batman came on.  How could I forget Catwoman,  Catman, Bane, Scarecrow, Riddler, Red Hood, The Penguin, Mr. Freeze, and on and on.  All of them totally weird and in my opinion rather super stupid super villains. 

Now addressing Superman, he was a real man who just happened to be from Krypton who was as a baby, sent in a rocket ship to Earth right before his mother planet Krypton was destroyed.  In my eyes he had superpowers!  He could do spectacular things like fly through the air to race to help the victims of crime.  He could lift cars, hold up walls of buildings, and fought criminals with his bare hands (with super powers of course). 

But what I liked best was that Superman could go back to being Clark Kent and spent time with humans and experienced the real world.  He even married Lois Lane in later years so that was a sign of a real superhero.  Superman was honest, brave, kind hearted, smart, willing to hold a job, and he loved his adopted Earth planet and wanted to make sure all was well in the world.  My hero.

Your choice among the two might be different.  Some people like bats which can't fly, over a flying super hero.....to each his own.  I'll take the flying Superman any old day.

Old Springfield
(you can click on pictures to get an enlarged view)


1955 photo of WT Grant dime store, 225 S. 5th
closed in 1965.


Strong and Warner Millinery co., 208 S. 6th.  From 1841 to 1843 Abe Lincoln and
 Stephen Logan had a law office on the 3rd floor. 

 


Strand Theater downtown Springfield 100 South 6th Street
1921-  closed 1967
Demolished .... where Chase Bank is now (Marine Bank/Bank One site)


 
Postcard photo of Moonlight Gardens
Wabash and Chatham Road where Shop n Save is now.

 


Train ad from late 1800's


 
Thought For The Day
Dare to be yourself!
--Andre Gide

If a celebrity was driving down the road in our area and was speeding, do you suppose a speeding ticket would be issued if a policeman caught the person in the act?

Let's say the person was truly recognizable as a celebrity or a politician.  Let's use the federal senator Dick D. as the person speeding down the road.  Ticket or no Ticket in the county??

I say yes there would be a ticket if the policeman was one of about three cops.  In listening to a police scanner you begin to know who you want to avoid and who might let you slide by.  There are a couple of local yokels who would write a ticket for any infraction even if it was the cop's mother.  Then there are others who will let you slide.

It's kind of funny to listen....sometimes it's like a SWAT team being activated.  The field of cops go into action like they were in a comic book....makes me think of the old TV show Police Squad.....police spoof personified!

Oh well, if old Dick D. was speeding he deserves a ticket.....if it's me, I sure don't want a ticket so I guess I will set my cruise as I go down the highway in this area.  The judge might throw the book at me....especially if they happen to read this article.



 
Thank you for coming to my blog.
(this blog and all posts are under copyright laws)

Hope to see you again.

No comments: