Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Coffee, Tea or Water On The Brain

Will it be coffee, tea or me??

It's never hard for me to decide what to drink at dinner.  I choose water....it's the best for you and the cheapest too.   But...some persons  rather frown on the habit of drinking a spot of water with a meal....it's coffee....or tea.....or a coke .... or nothing.  I think dining becomes more pleasurable when you can taste the food with no lingering aftertaste from a flavored drink.

Dining with a person you love can be satisfying unless you are in a fight or not speaking.  And, if you're in a domestic battle, the drink you have just ordered, may land on your head before the meal is over.  Nothing like a good over the dinner battle with the number one public foe....the spouse or lover.

This is usually how the evening will proceed:  "Darling, are we going out to eat tonight?"  "Yes, I'm going out....I don't know about you!!" "What do you mean, you don't know about me?  Aren't I invited or is there someone else going with you?"  "You know d*mn well there isn't anyone else going, I just thought you were mad at me, so I didn't know if you were going or not!!"

"Well....I didn't realize that you didn't think enough of me to go out alone and not even ask if I was going!"  "I didn't say that....I just thought you were mad at me and didn't want to go!"

"Well...let's go then.  I want to get dinner over with and back home so I can watch my show at 7 pm and that only leaves us one hour."  "What do you mean we only have one hour?  It takes 30 minutes to drive there.  We can't be home by 7 pm!"  "Well.....we're going to have to try to hurry so I don't miss all of it!!"

"Let's go then".  THEY ARRIVE AT THE RESTAURANT 35 MINUTES LATER.

The Waitress arrives and is perky.  "May I help you?"  "We both want water ."  "I don't want water!  I want a coke."  "You can't get coke, that's too many calories!"  "I'll get a coke if I want a coke!!"  "No you won't, you will have water!" "Alright, bring me water."

Waitress brings water.  "Drink it fast because I don't want to wait for you to drink the rest of your water after you've eaten!"  "I'll drink my water any way I want it.  First or last who cares when I drink it!"  "I care when you drink it because I want to hurry home."

"Fine, we'll hurry home.  Here's my water, you drink it or better yet, I'll just pour it over your head"  AND HE DOES.....THE END.

Just Some Old Area Pictures



Lincoln Developmental Center
Lincoln, Illinois  1880 - 1920 era



Odd Fellows Home For Orphans 1880-1920 era
Lincoln, Illinois



Springfield High School




Springfield Post Office



St. Charles Hotel
Claimed to be the first brick building in Springfield
Springfield, Illinois built around 1830's but under another name.
Bought in the late 1890's and razed and became the Baker Lumber Company which was probably later the Vredenburg Lumber Company as they were located near the 210-216 E. Jefferson address.



St. Charles Hotel Article
Was located at 210-216 East Jefferson
The right half is in the previous picture and that right half is
thought to be the first brick structure.



Orpheum Theater
Springfield, Illinois




Springfield Train Station
1920

What's To Eat At Our House Tonight?
Hotel steaks from Alwan and Sons Market, Peoria Heights, IL.  When we have these steaks, I just put on a bit of spice and throw them on the grill.  They are so tasty you don't need steak sauce.  With a big baked potato and a salad, the meal is complete.  I bet you think I'm pushing this meat company.....I am because the hotel steaks are only $6.49 per pound but I'd pay more.....and, I don't want anyone to miss out on getting meat from this place.  Like a Humphrey's but tons bigger and lots cleaner.


Learn A New Word
So that Greenviewanites can be the smartest in the county.

New Word: dendroid = resembling, branching like, or shaped like a tree.

New Spanish Word: un recibo = receipt

Thought For The Day
Run as fast as you can.  Look for someone with bigger problems than you have.  Focus on serving them.  Your problems will shrink or disappear.

--Mike Marino, Jr.


The toilet seat was up again this morning.  Wow do I hate that.  If you are a woman, or I guess a man too if you have to go doodoo....have you ever sat on the that toilet seat when the top seat is in the "up" position?  If you have, you know what I'm talking about then!!

You stagger into the bathroom, half asleep and don't bother turning on the light because you know where the toity is and  you know exactly how many steps it is to set your bottom down.  After all you've been doing this same thing for about 30 years on the same toity.

Kerplop.....the hiney goes into the water!   Geeze.. I love sitz baths but, not dirty sitz baths!! Oh my goodness....you cuss....you try to stand up and can't because the hiney is so far down into the water, it's impossible.  Besides it's dark in the room because you didn't turn on the light.  You try to grab hold of the vanity, but your hand slips when you're half way up and out of the toity.  Kerplop again....you can just feel that nasty water splashing on your old hiney. 


You try grabbing the vanity again and succeed this time, but your hiney is dripping all over the floor.  You look at the towel rack and it's bare, because you took the towels off the towel rack last night to wash them.  You turn to the toilet paper roll.....OMG it's almost empty and you can't reach under the sink because the old hiney is still dripping water on the floor.  You think for a minute standing in the hiney stooped position, all the while dripping water.  Ah ha... Use the rest of the toilet paper and then pull up the pajamas....let the jammies soak up the rest of the water....they can always be thrown in the wash.  You do that and all is well but your bottom is still wet....run to the shower and wash the nasty water off. 

It's obvious to me that the man of the house is not housebroken although he claims "he always puts the toilet seat down!"  But my thoughts are "why would I, as a woman, ever put up the seat unless I was cleaning the darn thing!"  And, I'm housebroken and put it down because I know I don't want to get a wet hiney.

I think men who aren't housebroken are maybe lazy???   Or, do they just pee and walk away, oblivious to the consequences?.   Or, maybe they want revenge on us woman!!

I guess I must consider the alternative that the lid could have been left in the down position while the man was trying to take aim.  Perhaps that would have been worse than toity water.  I guess I just had to get this off my chest after running to get the toity water off my hiney.  And I guess I need to become housebroken in a different way and turn on the dang light so I can see if the toity lid is up or down ....  Before this becomes a sexist contest!!

Remember the rating indicator at the bottom of the post.  If you are in comments, the indicator will not show up....you must be in a viewing stage to see it.

I was rather hard on the men today with my post....Sorry guys....just a woman thing!  LOL






 

No comments: