Friday, October 2, 2009

Hello Greenviewanties. Another morning is upon us. Yesterday is here as today and tomorrow is a mystery, so let's live this fine day!
****************
I'm going to try a little different format. I'm going to use the asterisks as the breaks for different thoughts. And use black color only. I had one comment about different colors not being compatible to someone's eyesight. So let me know what you think. After looking at this new format, I think I like the black and asteriks better. It's easier to read.
*************
BREAKING NEWS: A McClean County man has been arrested for the killings of 5 family members in Beason. The man arrested was once married to Mr. Raymond Gee's older daughter and that the daughter had gone to court earlier this year for child support modifications. The man arrested has a history of multiple arrests for various things. You can find more news at these sites.
**********************
DON'T FORGET SPOON RIVER DRIVE THIS WEEKEND!
*******************
DATES IN GREENVIEW HISTORY:
2007 - The year of our Sesquicentennial
1957 - The year of our Centennial
2004 - Reverand Jim Broch died
2003 - Cuzin's Restaurant and Lounge destroyed by fire
2002 - Banquet and outing facilities opened at Country Hills Golf Course
2001 - Jack Tice was killed - farm equipment/Walt Stayton retired from teaching
2000 - Hurley Funeral Home purchased the funeral home here
1999 - "The Meadows" subdivision started west end of Palmer, west of school
1998 - Local internet service came to Greenview
1997 - There were 1,183 Menard County people employed by the State of Illinois
1996 - Amvet Post 179 celebrated 45th anniversary
1995 - Greenview "Park" Cookbooks began to be sold to raise money for equipment
1994 - Body of Peoria woman discoverd under Rte 29 Salt Creek bridge
1993- Jason Callaway was killed in an auto accident by New Salem
1992 - Post office damaged as man being chased by police ran into building
1991 - In may gas prices were $1.34 per gallon.
Memories for some, new news for others. But all of these things were a part of Greenview history. Progress towards the future.
****************
GREENVIEW GARAGE SALES ARE OCTOBER 10
****************
Information Please: Rumor has it that Frank Simmering suffered a stroke. Can anyone verify this and tell me his current condition?
****************
MY ADVICE FOR THE DAY: Keep in touch with your former friends and the relatives you knew when you were young. I know how much enjoyment I have had this last month or two. I've had many internet conversations with a few of my old classmates, as well as some cousins whom I hadn't talked to since childhood. I highly recommend re-aquainting yourself with someone who was dear to you in yesteryear, as well as establishing new friends (which I have done) who I never knew until recently, but who are a part of Greenview now. ***Do I sound sobby?** Well not really, just happy those people are a part of my life today.
**********
HAVE A GREAT DAY GREENVIEWANITES! oxoxox

2 comments:

steahet said...

this hyperlink a0f86h4l03 bags replica ysl replica bags blog check my site f1r32e7j86 replica louis vuitton bags replica bags nyc s2a07b8i35 read more i6n44b7u50 bags replica gucci replica bags for sale v3k45v2e41

Anonymous said...

curry shoes
supreme sweatshirt
jordan shoes
bape sta
off white nike
kobe shoes
supreme
off white shoes
yeezy supply
fear of god outlet