Monday, October 5, 2009

October 5, 2009 Monday

Lordy, Lordy the month is passing quickly. Today is a full one for me. In fact, so full that I just don't have time to post. But I know that you all will understand.



I am getting ready for a garage sale and gift and food making shopping for two birthday parties this weekend. I'm serious about getting all of this under control so I don't have to rush later this week.



You know that I will be back and will put newsy posts on as soon as I can.



For now my friends, ponder the reason you want to know all things about Greenview. Is it because you miss it? Is it because you still live here? Is it because you are new to this village? Or, are you still wondering why? Tell me in the below comment section. I want to know.



For now, aloha. Because I am thinking of warm places.



**************




It's postmarked 2-14-1922 and mailed in Peoria.
Copied from an ebay sale of this envelope. Secretary on envelope listed as James Bailey, Delavan, IL, for Seminole Mining Company, Greenview, Illinois.
No one seems to know anything about Seminole
Mining Company in Greenview, IL
and stated in the return address. Do you?

3 comments:

Fred Schouten said...

My wife and I lived in Greenview from fall 1974 through spring 1978. I was the band director. We were active in the Presbyterian Church, my wife was a member of the Bunco Club, and I was a member of the Masonic Lodge there. We truly enjoyed the activites in Greenview and think about the folks there often.

doll lady said...

Hi Fred. I am honored that you found your way to my Greenview news blog. At the time you were here in Greenview, I was living in Springfield. I graduated from GHS in 1967. But had I met you, I'm sure I would have enjoyed knowing you.

Greenview doesn't seem to have the close feeling that it used to have. And, maybe that's because we live in the country off Sweetwater road. But lots of folks have left for other opportunities. The grocery store is no longer in business....since you left, Mel's old grocery store burned, a new one was built in the same spot and then closed. Then the lounge called Cuzin's on the west side of the square, had a nice restuarant where the old hardware store was and it burned. The downtown area is getting slim. The local auctioneer Ron Sanert who was probably in high school when you were here, relocated his auction company in the building vacated by Baugher International Harvester Implement Company down by the elevator.

I hope you will continue to read the blog. Thank you for answering my plea. Another friend made is always a good thing and double true when it's a Greenviewanite. :>)

boughez said...

important source gucci replica handbags my website Ysl replica bags look what i found best replica bags