Saturday, October 24, 2009

Top of the Morning To You. Sat. 10-24-09

Bittersweet October.

The mellow, messy, leaf kicking,

perfect pause between the opposing

miseries of summer and winter.

~~~Carole Bishop Hipps



Changes Made.

I'm sure you've noticed I've made a few adjustments in the layout of the newsblog. I had to delete some things on the side, but I think the history of our town is an important feature to show to any reader. Let me know if you have suggestions which might enhance the newsblog. Look for the comment section below this post. Feel free to comment about anything you wish. Questions are welcome and I will do my best to find the answers. Derogatory or hate based comments will be deleted of course.


No Rain Forecasted for today, with a high of 57.

But, unfortunately, the rain is scheduled to return tonight and tomorrow, and also forecasted to be with us on Monday, but no rain on Tuesday, but perhaps returning on Wednesday. Positive thinking is what we need.....NO MORE RAIN FOR A WHILE!




Neighbors.

Typically persons can depend on your neighbors for many things. A cup of sugar perhaps, or maybe to borrow a movie. Or, even if an emergency occurs, usually neighbors will be there for you. At this time, I have good neighbors, but that hasn't always been the case. I've had some real weirdos in my lifetime. One was a person who FALSELY accused me of stealing certain items, but the funny thing is.... she had borrowed several things from us and when she moved she didn't return those items (is that stealing?). Those who knew about the false accusations she made against me laughed at her. She became the laughing stock of the town and most likely still is as she also made a fool of herself on other things she did or said to others. I also dislike neighbors who have to lie about everything....I guess to make themselves look better. But, for the most part, people have wonderful neighbors. If you haven't seen your neighbor for a while, call them up to say hi. Or, take them a plate of cookies or a dish of something. Good neighbors can be a life saver. And, I suppose it's always possible to even become neighborly with those who have wronged you in life. By the way.....When I think of neighbors, I think of the television show Deperate Housewives. ~~~~~giggle~~~~~




Local Student Wins Medal At State Golf Finals

Julia (JBro) Browning competed at the state finals in Marion last weekend. Participating were the best 100 golfers in class 1A schools. She had a combine score (for the two days) of 175 which tied her for the 9th place medal. Congratulations JBro.




Middletown United Methodist Church Soup Supper.

The annual Soup Supper Fundraiser is tonight at the Middletown Methodist Church with serving between 4 and 7 pm. The menu will feature the church's famous chilli and vegetable sup, delightful desserts....my souces say free refills. Country store also open with crafts and goodies.




Athens Classic Car Show Today.

At the high school from 10am to 4pm. Registration today is $7.00 or 7 canned food items. All proceeds will benefit the Athens Food Pantry.



***************


Greenview

My Town, Your Town, Our Town










No comments: