Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday/Day After Thanksgiving, 11-27-09

Are You Shopping ~~~ Have You Been Shopping Today?
My answer to this question is ..... absolutely not! I might go to Walmart later today to fill a prescription, but that's the extent of my shopping. I'm a lucky person these days. My kids/grandkids said "GIFT CARDS" please. I said "YIPPEEKIYAY". They get what they want....I get to avoid the hassle of shopping.

I'm glad I only need to buy gift cards, but I will admit that I kind of feel left out because I don't get to shop. I used to like to shop for gifts, picking out what I thought was just the right gift. Then came Christmas morning, and the kids were old enough to say "ick" or "why'd you get me this?" .... so then it became a hassle to shop. I had reached the point where my tastes were not necessarily someone else's taste. My "oldness" hadn't kept up with the tastes of the younger crowd, and hadn't kept up with fads. I know that it hurt to hear the kids say "ick" or question why I had bought this or that....but I really did try. And I spent a lot of money too.....a lot more than what I will be spending now. But I think the kids/grandkids are dumb.....they should have let me shop....and spend lots of money on them....then taken the stuff back and either got the money back or a store credit and bought what they want. This year when I get the gift cards, they will all get one certain amount and it's not the same amount I used to spend. Had I still had the job of shopping for the perfect gift, I probably would have overspent if I finally found that perfect gift and even if it was more than I actually wanted to spend, I probably would have bought it.......YAY I have now found a way to save money....buy gift cards!

I sure hope your shopping excursions bring fruition. If you were one of the early birds out shopping this morning, I hope you found what you wanted and your cart was full. Now you can sit back and eat leftovers....turkey, potato pancakes, and pie....don't forget the whip cream....you deserve it!

*********************
Today Is A Plumber's Busiest Day.
I read on the internet that the day after Thanksgiving is a plumber's busiest day. I can agree that it probably is just that after experiencing a stopped up sink yesterday. As careful as I was, a bunch of junk went down the drain. It was probably grease, turkey ick, butter, flour......egads, I forgot that flour and water makes paste. That noodle bowl had lots of flour stuck to the sides. And, I'm sure the drain probably already had junk in there, building up from the last time I cleaned the drain.
I'm thankful that I always have baking soda and vinegar on the pantry shelves. A couple of big doses of both had that sink working better than it had for a while. Goodbye grease, turkey ick, butter and flour paste....gone forever. Thank goodness I didn't have to call a plumber. Can you imagine the cost on Thanksgiving Day....especially since a plumber would have to travel a ways to get to good old Greenview.....I don't think we have a plumber here. But I think my septic is probably nearing it's capacity. Shucks......
*****************
Famous Birthdays November 27.
Caroline Kennedy - 1957 (JFK's daughter)
Jimi Hendrix - 1942 (musician, singer)
Eddie Rabbit - 1941 (country singer)
Robin Givens - 1964 (actress)
Buffalo Bob (Smith) - 1917 (an oldtime TV host - Howdy Doody was one show)
If it's your special day, Happy Birthday!
Quote For The Day
The sky is the daily bread of the eyes.
~~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Until Another Time....

No comments: