Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Eve, November 25, 2009

TOMORROW IS THE DAY
ONLY A FEW HOURS LEFT
IS YOUR TURKEY THAWED?
DID YOU BUY ENOUGH POTATOES?
DID YOU BUY COOL WHIP?
TOMORROW'S THE DAY.
*****************


Thanksgiving morning and all through the house,
Creatures are stirring, even the mouse.
The oven is blasting its heat at the meat,
Mama's making desserts ever so neat.

Wake up sleepyhead and come join the bunch
We're watching and smelling good things for lunch.
So come gather round the table so big,
And eat all you want of turkey, beef and pig.

And after the dinner, we'll play some cards,
Or watch football, especially the guards.
Never believe that I don't care,
It's Thanksgiving time and we all will share.

Since tomorrow is my day to cook, I'm not sure if I will be able to post tomorrow. I wrote the above silly poem to wish you a good day. I sincerely hope that you and your family have a grand holiday. I'm thankful that I am able to write this blog for you and all the Greenviewanites from the past and current. If I don't talk to you tomorrow, I want you to know that you will be in my prayers. Bless you and keep you. When I say my prayers tomorrow this is what I will say for you all....

Dear Lord,
Bless This Bunch
As They Munch Their Lunch.

Have a Good Day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blessings to you and yours, Carla. I am thankful for your Blog. I look forward to reading it and am in awe of your thought process and research that you do to keep it interesting. :) Enjoy your day tomorrow. :)
Charlotte

Anonymous said...

Charlotte...you are one of my most avid fans....and I am thankful for that....thank you for frequently commenting...it helps me to know that people are reading the blog and that things must be interesting. It does take a bit of time writing the blog, but I enjoy it. It gets my creative juices flowing.

I hope you and your family had a pleasant Thanksgiving. Ours was wonderful. Bless you...thanks for being a good friend.
Xo C.