Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Tuesday Morning Is Here..November 10, 2009

Tuesday Morning.
Yes, that's a store and there's one in Springfield in the old Town and Country shopping center, but it's also today here in Greenviewland. Us Greenviewanites like Tuesdays, because it's "another one done gone, son" as Jerry Reed, the country singer used to sing. Yesterday I drove around Greenview and it just doesn't change much from day to day. The same cars are parked downtown (uptown??) at the community building for the noon meal, at the taverns for a brewski and at the bank at a few minutes before 2pm to beat the day's deposit cut-off time. In the morning the men gather at Ron Sanert's Auction House...which is the old Baugher's Implement Store Building. We don't have a grocery store so no cars there.....and the people at Casey's change minute by minute. WOW is that place popular. I understand that the business Casey's has far exceeds the expectations predicted in the planning of the store. Well of course it would....it's the meeting place in town now. Get your coffee there....it is excellent. Doughnuts are kind of expensive but good. Casey's Pizza's aren't my favorite but it's still something I get occassionally when all else fails at home. Yep....another day in the old town. Another one done gone!


**************
Holiday Market Days in P'Burg.
November 13 -15 are the days planned for the Holiday Market Days in Petersburg. Estep and Associates, Loving Creations and the Shops on 6th, Memory Lane Antiques, Rose Cottage and the Plaid Rooster will be having their Open Houses and running specials for these three days. Stop in and look around. And remember that our former Greenviewanite Betty Ratliff Winchester is the owner of Esteps. She loves for Greenview people to come in and brouse and chat and buy of course!
***************
Children.
For those of you with children, we know that the love of children remains with a parent or a grandparent forever. As parents we raised our children the best way we knew how. We learned from the way our parents taught us. Sure we stumbled a lot at first but for most us, our child rearing got better as we grew more accustomed to the child rearing arena. But for some people, raising children wasn't so easy. Some of those are the children who ended up in foster care or were put up for adoption, and some other of those children lived in the family home but did they really have a good life. Some of us might attempt to guess that they didn't have a good life, but only the man up above knows that. And if those children suffered, the parents will someday get paid back in life or at death....I'm a firm believer in that.
Sometimes we wonder if our children saw us at our best most of the times or at our worst most of the time during their adolescent years. Different children in the same family would probably give different answers as perceptions vary so much within a family. I always wondered how much my children absorbed from the daily lessons in life which I always tried to teach my children. I'm sure lots went in one ear and out the other....but do we ever know? A friend of mine reminded me of the song Bernadette Peters and Barbra Streisand sang called "Children Will Listen". The song is a wonderful song which reminds parents that children do listen, so be careful what you say. Children do listen and learn from their parents.....we just think they don't. We learned from our parents, and our parents learned from their parents....clear back to the beginning of time.

The last stanza of this Children Will Listen song is my favorite. It reminds me of my child rearing days....I did the best that I could and I'm sure we all did. Now it's time for me to sit back and enjoy my grandchildren and tell them things which I think will help them learn....without going against their parents' teachings of course. Here's a couple of selected stanzas of "Children Will Listen".
" What do you leave them when you're dead
Only what you've put in its head
Things that your mother and father had said
Which were left to them too.


Guide them, but step away,
Children will glisten.
Temper with what is true
And children will turn
If just to be free.
Careful before you say
"listen to me"
Children will listen
Children will listen
Children, children will listen"
********************
(p.s. I love my children)
****************
Famous Birthdays...November 10.
Martin Luther ~~ Born 1483
Donna Fargo ~~ Born 1949
Richard Burton ~~ Born 1925
McKenzie Phillips ~~ Born 1959
Happy Birthday to you if today is your birthday.
*****************


Old Recipe From A Family Cookbook.
This is from a old family cookbook. Since the holidays are coming, this might come in handy.
Hot Artichoke Dip
1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts (drained and chopped)
1 cup hellman's mayonnaise
1 cup parmesan cheese
Garlic powder to taste
Mix all ingredients and put into a small baking dish. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes or until mixture bubbles. Serve with favorite bread sticks or Doritos for dipping.
***************
Quote For The Day

Success is a journey, not a destination.
~~unknown author
****************

May your day be good. May your life be wonderful.
And may we all survive until tomorrow.
Later my friends ~~~
**************
P.S. I'm having trouble with the fonts on this site....sorry for the big and little .... I didn't want to have to retype everything so I left it.....I'll try to see that this is corrected for my next post. Sorry

No comments: