Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wishful Wednesday November 18, 2009

Today Is Wishful Wednesday.
With the time to be thankful and, Thanksgiving just around the corner, I decided that today will be Greenviewanites' wishful Wednesday. It's not often that we can make wishes without being considered greedy, but on this blog, being wishful is not greedy, it is simply the thing we are going to do today so we can all be the happy folk we were meant to be. I seem to be praying for lots of things all the time. And I never stop hoping for good days and good thoughts and glorious beginnings and endings. But I never seem to make wishes for things that I want...either material things or abstract things. So today is my day to do that wishing and it's also your day. You can write your wishes down as I will be doing, or you can just think about your wishes silently. Feel free to use the comment section to write down your wishes. No one will think anything about it....but some might copy some of your good wishes.

So here I go. My list of wishes is for the world to see. It's ok to laugh....I might even laugh at some of yours. >>>>>giggle<<<<<<

Wishes Of A Greenviewanite
I wish for a person to clean my house every week.
I wish for a $100,000 check to come in the mail (didn't want to get too greedy).
I wish Richard Gere would come to my house so I could gaze adoringly at him.
I wish for Greenview to have 2500 people so we maybe could get a Dollar General store.
I wish to win the BIG Lottery.
I wish for good health and a new heart.
I wish for Lasik eye surgery.
I wish to win the BIG lottery.
I wish I had a cool country western voice so I could make big money singing for a living.
I wish for all of my readers to have great and wonderful holidays.
I wish I knew how many people read my blog each day.
I wish that I didn't have to get old.
I wish my body and joint aches were with someone else and not me.
I wish that I won't get a common cold this year.
I wish to win the BIG lottery.
I wish the rain would stop so I can pull my garden tractor out of the mud.
I wish I could get a facelift...especially my saggy jowls.
I wish I would find a Genie in a bottle, could rub it and get three real wishes which would come true.
I wish I was skinny or maybe liposuction.
I wish I had more hair on top of my head.
I wish I had a new brown Mustang convertible, just like the one I saw a couple of days ago.
I wish I had a new MKX Lincoln SUV just like the one I saw a couple of days ago.
I wish someone would pay my automobile insurance for 5 years.
I wish these wishes would come true!
See, that wasn't so bad. I'm sure I could have listed about another 20 or 30 pages of wishes, but I really don't want to seem greedy and take up all of the room. It's now your turn! I want you to do this....it seems not a lot of you did the Rainstop Stomp yesterday since it's still raining, so I really want you to do the wishes today. YAY.
And could you please do the Rainstop Stomp this morning. Stand up....pat your head...rub your tummy and stomp your feet for 20 seconds. And if you want to make wine, put some grapes in a tub,step in and do the Rainstop Stomp for many minutes, but be sure to wash your feet....icky tasting if you don't.
*********************
What Are You Having For Dinner Tonight?
I get so tired of coming up with ideas on what to cook for dinner. Last night we had Ground Chuck burgers, with Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Mozzarelli Cheese mixed in...no gravy and green beans. For dessert, I made huge Oatmeal Muffins. I never fry my burgers, but instead use my George Foreman grill. Since those grills came out, I have worn out three of them. I always have at least two George Foreman grills in the pantry in case another one goes kaput. They are expensive to buy but I find them at garage sales and most look they have never been used. I guess some people don't like them, but I sure do.
Another thing I like is my Panini Grill. My kids got me one for mother's day a couple of years ago.....the grilled sandwiches are out of this world. I'm always coming up with new things to put between two slices of thick bakery bread....brush it with a bit of olive oil and slap it on the Panini Grill. OH YUM!
Tonight I am having boneless pork chops, pounded out thin (using a metal meat tenderizer mallet) then floured and browned in a small amount of olive oil. The meat becomes so tender when it's pounded with the meat mallet. The rest of the meal is still a mystery, but I will think of something to have to compliment the meat. Hope your dinner tonight is a great one....maybe steaks on the grill....maybe a ham sandwich....maybe breakfast for dinner. It doesn't matter what it is, I'm sure it will be good if you are a Greenviewanite.....because I think all of us are good cooks. YIPPEE.
**************
November 18 Birthdays.
George Gallup - 1901 (founder of Gallop poll)
Warren Moon - 1956 (Hall of Fame Quarterback)
Kevin Nealon - 1953 (Saturday Night Live actor/comedian)
If today is your birthday, Happy Birthday.
*************
Things About The November 18 Date.
In 1493, Christopher Columbus founded what is known as Puerto Rico.
It's the 322nd day of the year, with 43 more days remaining in the calendar year.
In 1978, the cult leader Jim Jones, led 900 people to their death in the Jonestown massacre.
*********************
Quote For The Day
And in the end it's not the years
in your life that count,
It's the life in your years.
~~ Abe Lincoln
Arrivederci!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish all your wishes would come true. :)
Thanks for a good smile on this rainy Wednesday.
Charlotte :)

Anonymous said...

Charlotte....your are such a nice person....and the only one I know who looks like they haven't aged a day since high school. May all of our wishes come true!

Carla