Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday It Is.
What do you normally do on Friday? Go grocery shopping? Go out to eat fish for dinner? Go see a movie? Take the kids for ice cream after school? Whatever your agenda brings, do it with pizazz. Wear a bright hat. Put on a pretty pin on your lapel. Wear a bright scarf around your neck. And for men, wear a pink tie to work to help women remember to get their annual mammograms to help prevent breast cancer (but if you drive a Springfield Mass Transit Bus be sure to call for permission or the person in charge will come unglued and suspend you as she already did one person).

When you do something to brighten your day, your spirits are heightened and usually stay at that level for all day. If you have become a bit depressed for any reason, wearing a bright color or doing something which is totally not your usual habit, lots of times gives you a lift in spirits. Sometimes I do silly stuff to help me become more lifted.....I like to put on a floppy hat and sunglasses and wear these to the store. Every person I meet, I say hello in a funny voice. I get laughs, I get stares, and sometimes pointed at, but it's all in fun so I just giggle and go about my merry way. And when I'm in a store, I always help elderly persons reach for items, or ask if I can help them. A good deed goes a long way. Remember to smile. When you smile, the whole world smiles with you.

*************
Famous Birthdays - November 6
John Philip Sousa - 1854
Sally Field - 1946
Maria Shriver - 1955


Weekend Is Here.
Today my post is short, but I have to go visit a very special little girl in my life. Tomorrow is the weekend, and the weather is forecasted to be 70 degrees!!! That is super news, and probably won't last, but it allows us Midwestern people to prepare for the long winter. Leaves might get raked. Yards might get mowed. Motorcycles might get ridden. Walks might be taken. But I doubt if much swimming in outdoor pools will occur, nor will much sunbathing occur, but I might be wrong. Whatever is your pleasure, do it with gusto. Celebrate what might be one of the final Indian Summer weekends. And enjoy the fact that no rain is in sight for our locale this weekend. Enjoy your weekend. I plan to and probably won't be around to post unless I can find a break in a good time.


Good Places To Eat Fish On Friday Night.
Most places which have good fish on Friday night are a distance from Greenview. But, sometimes it's worth it. We have two favorite places to go and both are a distance. The closest is Verna's in Chandlerville. She has a variety of fish dinners and a salad bar which offers some good salad items. The other one we like is in Latham.... over on Route 121 towards Warrensburg and Decatur. It's called the Korn Krib and is just outside of Latham. The Walleye is all you can eat for around $8.00 and the cook really knows how to fry fish....Excellent. Another place my sister told me about is McCormick's in Springfield, on the same street as the entrance to Sam's and just down from TGI Fridays. Happy eating.
*************

Humorous Quote For Today
From Gracie Allen (Groucho's wife)

Smartness runs in my family. When I went to school,
I was so smart, my teacher was in my class
for five years.


SMILE!

No comments: