Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Biggest Lies

If the government tells you something, do you believe it?  Gag gag.....only at your own risk!

What kind of things can you remember that you just know were lies by the government (federal, state, county, city)???  No more taxes is a good one!!!

The biggest lie I can think of is that the government swore there was no Area 51 in southern Nevada.  Then, persons who had worked there, became whistle blowers and the lie was discovered  .... the government had to admit it.

And, of course, the government for years said there were no aliens and no UFO crash at Roswell New Mexico in  July, 1947.  Well of course that was a lie......aliens really were taken.  I happen to know that Aliens were taken as one of the Alien kids that was taken, grew up, and I married him.  Yes, he was my first husband.

You see, no one wanted US citizens to know that Aliens really existed so all mouths were zipped.  My ex-husband was raised by his Alien parents in an underground bunker, first at Roswell, then at Area 51. When Area 51 became a realization., my ex's family was moved there to finish out their days.  Except.....my ex escaped from the captive bunker.   

He was kind of a handsome Alien, but rather skinny.  But, I thought as good a cook as I was, I could probably fatten him up..... even though I'm not married to him these days, he's still fattened up and getting to look a lot like his Alien relatives.  I only know that from the pictures I've seen of his family. 

So now I'm waiting anxiously to see my children grow a bit older.  I want to see if the Alien is coming out in them as they age.  So far, they're pretty cute and the thin reed like features so prevalent in Aliens of this type, still haven't shown up.  Whew.....!!

I'm telling the world at this point, that the Roswell crash did happen.....and if they don't believe that I married one of the children who survived the crash, please get hold of me so that I can send you proof.  I might even send you my ex's address....perhaps you may want to become his next Alien bride.   Or, maybe there are some other Aliens, related though the same branch or totally different branches, who will see this and want to get together with my ex's Alien branch.  Let me know.


Old Tyme Greenview
(taken from the Greenview Scrapbook)

Earl Van Landingham came to Greenview in 1923, to engage in the auto sales business.  He occupied the Meers building on the west side of the square for a time, but later moved to the Marbold Garage, where he has more show room, and has added oil and service.  He handles a large business in used cars.

Both Clarence Rogers and Ward Beauchamp were in the dray business in 1923.  E. W. Blane handled pumps and windmills and A.L. Barnett was buying and shipping poultry and eggs.

The next year, he and Mrs. Barnett opened the Barnett Hotel in the Bracken building, which they operated for about five years, when they retired.  But Mrs. Barnett's cooking was so popular that she was continually called upon to serve meals, and now, at almost seventy years of age, she has five or six regular boarders and does he own housework.  "Dee" Barnett, a cheerful and happy disposition, is a well known and beloved lady of our village.  Mr. Barnett died of a heart attack in 1939.

Mr. P. J. Palmquist, jeweler, in business here since 1870, passed away August 7, 1923.  He was a great lover of hunting and fishing, and loved to camp out.  He built a cabin on his land near Salt Creek, where the family enjoyed entertaining their Greenview friends over weekends during hot weather. Paul J. Palmquist has carried on the business in the same location since his father's death.

In an effort to provide more water for Greenview, a small plat of ground lying west of the railroad was purchased and a well was sunk, with water mains connect with he old mains, but the water was alkali and discolored and never very satisfactory.

The flags purchased by the merchants of Greenview through the American Legion were unfurled for the first time in celebrating Washington's birthday in February, 1924.  Thirty eight merchants subscribed for the flags and eight additional emblems were presented to the village by the American Legion.

A new Linotype was installed in the Review Print shop which was a great improvement in the business, in 1926.  Since that time a power press has also been added, testifying to the prosperity of the Petrie plant.

Quote For The Day
Don't be afraid to see what you see.
--Ronald Reagan

YAY...I worked in the flower garden yesterday.  My cup runneth over....I think I bought too many plants....or, maybe I'm tired of planting and it's not really too many.....just a tired butt coming into play.

It's so hard to find plants which will grow under a canopy of trees.  I have to search for areas of the yard which have a bit of sun so I can have plants with those nice big healthy blooms all summer.  I found some sun areas which I had not really planted anything over the years.  Now I will have both shrubs and flowers in that part.  That is the if moles and the deer don't eat them.  The moles eat from underground and the deer munch from the top. 

One year I had to replace one bush three times after deer cropped the top, with chomps almost to the roots.  Finally, I put a noisy little wind twirly thing beside it and voila....no deer chomps on my third bush in the same spot.

Now that we are having spring after we had summer in the latter part of February and March, the nights are a bit cool but not freezing. 


If you haven't bought your plants yet, go for it.  I'm getting anxious to see yards with pretty flowers.


Thanks for coming to my blog.
(blog and posts are protected under copyright)

Hope to see you again soon!

No comments: