Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Blue Skies

Blue Skies Are Always Good!

Blue is the coolest color in the palette.  It colors the sky, the ocean, the night, the twilight.  Azure means blue.  It means the weather is good....usually the sun is shining when the sky is blue.  Blue is calming.

"Blue sky" thinking is when you think you are making a great thought but others see right through it....your thoughts might not be grounded.  "Blue Sky Laws" protect investors against securities fraud.

Blue is associated with depth and stability.  Persons are more productive in blue rooms.  Blue is linked to intellect and consciousness.  Blue suppresses the appetite.  Blue symbolizes loyalty, thus many women and men wear dark blue business clothes.  Blue is a masculine color and is used for baby boys.  In the flag, blue signifies justice, perseverance and vigilance.

"Blue streak" means speed in doing things.  "True blue" means loyalty.  A blue ribbon means an award of excellence.

The only drawback I see surrounding blue is when a person feels blue, it means they feel down.  Not good to feel down in spirits!

I think Mother Nature knew what she was doing when she made blue.  It means a lot to humans.  It means a lot to me.  It should mean a lot to you. It colors our world!!   Don't be feeling blue about anything.....see the wonderful aspects of blue.  And smile......!!

What Would You Rather Have?

Remember your past.  When I was growing up in the 1960's, cool cars were the thing.  The Corvette.....the GTO.....the Chevelle.....and many more.  But trucks at that time, around this farming community, were for farming.  Sure the farm boys may have driven a truck to town, but it wasn't their choice....it was what daddy said they had to drive to town.

In the present day world, that's not true.  Old trucks are hot.  And so are old cars.  Ones from our past are getting harder and harder to find.....and they are getting so expensive, some are becoming difficult to find at a reasonable cost.

Here are some pictures of old trucks and cars. A few of these are like ones which were around our town in the olden days.  Which one would you like to have?  Pick one!  I  bet it will be hard as they are all cool vehicles.....and you would most likely be proud to be behind the wheel of any of them.


1941 Chevy Truck.  Highly collectible.




1946 Ford Truck.  Highly collectible
truck.




1957 Black Chevy, 4 door
There are a couple of persons around our town who
currently have one similar to this.



1957 Dusk Pearl Chevy.....one family in our town
had one like this in the 1950's.




1958 Oldsmobile....my family had one like this
in the early 1960's
and so did another family.




1959 GMC Pickup
We now have one of these but ours is still a rust
bucket awaiting restoration. 
 One day it might look similar to this.
Trucks of this era are a hot item at this time.



An old rat rod truck.  The year of a rat rod isn't
important as it is typically made up of  parts from various vehicle and from various years.....most of the time, frames from a newer type vehicle are used to allow for better steering and more
convenient items such as power brakes and power steering.
Rat Rods are really hot at this time and are very expensive to
buy one which is completely restored....sometime as much as $30,000 or more.  I want one!!!



Another rat rod truck.



1967 GTO Convertible



1968 Corvette Convertible.
Seems like I see the car everyday sitting
 in the garage.


It's up to you....pick one....it will be hard to do.
I know that any one of you would look classy driving any one of these.  Try it....you might like it!!


Quote For The Day
Man invented language to satisfy his deep
need to complain.
--Lily Tomlin


Do you remember that toy you might have slept with as a child.  I do....it was a brown and white teddy bear.  An old Cubbi Gund teddy bear....and I still have it.  But.......I want to make sure you know I DO NOT STILL SLEEP WITH THIS TEDDY BEAR!!!!!

That old bear got me through many nights of being sick as a little puppy.  And, also many nights of being scared.  Our house was an old one and made many creaking noises.  The registers popped and I know the bogeyman lived in the furnace registers.  So my faithful little Cubby Bear protected me.  He allowed me to cuddle him tightly.  He covered my face so the bogeyman wouldn't get me.  He never talked to me, but I sure talked a lot to him.....and when I was mad, I didn't have to worry about his talking back.

I bet most people had a favorite thing which graced their bed at nights when they were young.  Some might not be willing to admit it, but every kid needs something to hold on through those impressionable years of their youth.

Most people probably didn't hold onto their favorite old cuddly bedmate like I did.  But I'm a pack rat....I even have dolls from my past.

If you have your old cuddle mate, bring it out and give it a hug.  It might brighten your day.....or at least bring back a memory or two.


Thanks for coming to my blog.
(blog and posts are protected under copyright laws)

Hope to see you soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And then there are "Blue Laws", which are state laws enacted to reinforce the concept that Sunday is to be a day of worship and rest, and which restrict certain types of shopping. State laws that prohibit auto dealerships from selling cars on Sunday is still fairly common in many states.

Ken Dirks

doll lady said...

I remember that around this area Missouri had a Sunday Blue Law under which shopping malls/retail couldn't be open on Sunday. It was so strange....then they changed it...even in Illinois there are some alchohol related blue laws for sunday purchases....and you can't buy a car in Illinois on Sunday.

Anonymous said...

When we lived in Texas in the late 1970's the Blue Laws still prevented shopping malls from being open. They were very inconsistent. As I recall, you could go to a 7-11 store and buy beer or a pair of panty-hose, but you couldn't buy baby diapers.

Ken Dirks