Thursday, April 19, 2012

Evil .... Are We All Scared Of Evil

Are you scared of evil?

I know dang well I'm scared of evil things.  Especially the supernatural entity we know as the devil.  Also don't like evil tyrants.  Evil masquerading as goodness.  Persons/employers and others abusing power is an evil act.

Evil seems to be measurable in our human world.  And as I see it, Evil is the absence of good.

The bible, Romans 12:9 says: abhor that which is evil, cleave that to which is good.  Psalms 97:10 says:  Let those who love the Lord hate evil.  Amos 5:15 says:  Hate evil, love good.  And there are many more bible passages which indicate to believers that evil is something which we should hate and beware of.

As a child and during a Bible or religion learning process, we probably all came to think of evil as the devil.  And, if you were like many of us, you might have wondered how the devil came to be if God created the world and everything in it....does that mean God created the evil devil?  I always wondered that.  Then taking that one step further, I always wondered as a Christian, if God tells me to love everything and one another, then why does the Bible tell me to hate Evil.  I was very confused as a child and sometimes I still don't see the path I'm supposed to take.

I want to firmly believe that God could snatch the Devil from this world at any one moment....and that if he can, he will when the time is right.  But I guess that the Evil and the Devil himself must exist so that humans will have something to morally hate as we are told in the Bible.  Without Evil and the Devil, perhaps we wouldn't have the ability to hate anything.  I don't know, and I don't have an answer and I don't think anyone does.  Maybe we aren't supposed to know.


A Few Old Things

Chandlerville 1909, Main street looking north.




1916 Bath Illinois School




Highway Hotel Postcard
On U.S. Rte 36
1 mile west of Springfield



Mason City Photo...unknown date.
Chestnut Street


Quote For The Day
A person is always startled when he hears himself
seriously called an old man for the first time.
--Oliver Wendell Holmes


The rat race is upon us.  There are all kinds of things in the rat race these days.

You might ask just exactly what is a rat race!  To me it's a race to the finish that is pointless and you can't win.  Almost self-defeating.  Kind of like watching a dog chase its tail.....the dog isn't going to catch it, yet the dog continues to give chase.  Or maybe like a mouse trying to find its way out of a closed maze.  When things or entities or people are in a pointless rat race, you almost have to feel sorry for them.  They race around and think they are going to win and they won't.

This year's politicians are like that.  There will be one winner to each race and the others are just in the rat race....chasing their tails.....chasing to the end that isn't there.  At the end, they will be dizzy from so much spinning around in the rat race, and their career will not have gone anywhere....but their finances will be greatly reduced.  For what?  A term in office which will give them stress, gray hair, heart attacks, problems at home, complaints, etc.  Is it worth it?  Ask the dog which is chasing its tail....or ask the mouse in the close maze.  I bet they would tell you it ain't worth it.....if they could talk that is.



Thank you for coming to my blog.
(blog and posts are protected under copyright laws)

Hope to see you again.

No comments: